Undercover Angel (1999)

Google Images

Watching this movie made me say to myself, "Miss Ghostwriter, why don't you write something good with your byline and listen to what Jenny said to her dad and apply it to your own life?"

When Jenny's dad, Harrison, told her that someday he will have this inspiration and great idea then he would sell it and make lots of money then she could stay with him, this is what she said:

"How do you come up with this great idea when you are always so uptight? What if you didn't try so hard? Don't weeds grow whether you want them to or not?  Sometimes the more you don't want them to they just keep growing. I know.  My mom tries everything to try to kill them.  They just keep growing.  Just see things the way they are.  Why complicate them?" -Little Jennifer Morrison to her dad, Harrison.  Jenny is six years old.

Dean Winters,  who plays Harrison, Jenny's dad, at least in this movie, could pass as Hugh Grant's brother.  He is very charming and I believe the story of a wannabe mystery writer turned children's book author is perfect for him.

Emily Mae Young who plays Jenny probably made Jenny seem to look like one of her grandparents or something because she looks nothing like her mom(Lorraine Ansell) and dad, but I couldn't imagine any other little girl playing Jenny.  She's a bright kid, ahead of her time, but still a kid.  She's intelligent, but she knows how to enjoy life and be a child, though sometimes she acts like an adult too much.

Yasmine Bleeth plays Holly, the person who makes Harrison's heart beat faster.  He had a crush on her at first sight when he saw her at his certain cafe with her dog, Boogalou(the dog with Jenny on the poster).

James Earl Jones plays the judge who decides Jenny's future and he did a fine job being a very lovable judge, but astute at the same time.

🚸🚸🚸

This movie made me reconnect with my inner child, but I hope that inner child won't overstay, because I know I need to be a grownup too. ;-)

I know I wrote somewhere that I do adore movies like this one and this is no exception.

If my opinion matters to you, then I highly recommend it.  I don't I need a long narrative to do so.

Thanks a bunch for your time.  

A writer with no focus in his work, becomes the unwilling babysitter of a precocious little girl who turns his life around.
From imdb

Written and Directed by


Yasmine Bleeth as Holly Anderson
Dean Winters as Harrison Tyler
Emily Mae Young as Jenny Morrison
Lorraine Ansell as Melissa Morrison
Richard Eden as Fred
James Earl Jones as The Judge
Casey Kasem as Himself
Samantha the Dog as Boogelou
Catherine Knight as Mrs. Stevens
David L. McCallum as Dan O'Donnell
Leslie Rohonoczy as Receptionist Beth
Sheila Shields as Passport Clerk
Carole Stoller as Mrs. Olend
Don Quiring as Sullivan

Malcolm Younger as Go-Cart Bob
Carmen as Stenographer
Yves Fournier as Car Salesman
Gabrielle Mackenzie as Claire
Russel Molot as Bailiff
Bryan Michael Stoller as Speedy Messenger
Elliot Durant III as Gangster (as Elliot Durant)
Michel Grey as Femme Fatale
Craig Gauthier as Employee (uncredited)



Hats off to the cast, crew and everyone else involved in this TV movie.

The writer/director loves animals and people too, by the way.  ;-)  He has a cameo in this movie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)