Not Cinderella's Type (2018)


Both photographs are from the Official Facebook Page
Indy lives with her aunt and uncle and believes her life is fine until an accident brings a new guy into the picture. Bryant Bailey is not Indy's type - she's never been into guys like him. But then again, she's never really known anyone so stubborn and caring that can also help her discover who she is and what she's worth. A modern retelling of Cinderella, based on the novel by Jenni James. This unique film captures the beauty of awkward teen love, as well as poignant realities of emotional abuse. You will laugh and cry with Indy as she traverses this incredible journey to freedom and finding out what family and love really means.-  Written by screenwriter/author Jenni James

Directed by Brian Brough
Written by Jenni James (adapted from her novel of the same title)

Main Characters
        Paris Warner as Indy Zimmerman
Tim Flynn as Bryant Bailey
Tanner Gillman as Maxton
Scott Christopher as Dr. Bailey
        JJ Neward as Clarise

How do you retell a classic and yet make it stand alone?  Jenni James was able to do all that.  She was able to bring a classic situation and make it real for us today.

The people who watched this ahead of me weren't too keen on the acting.  They called it unrealistic.  Define realistic acting to me please.

Anyways, I have news for the people who think the acting was not realistic:  I know people who actually act that way in REAL LIFE.

I know a person who speaks like Maxton.  I know some people who act like Clarise and I know some people who act like her cousins.  The list goes on.

Give the actors a break.  They are not matinee idols and yet they delivered. 

Maybe I get what the ones making comments mean.  The evil aunt and uncle plus the cousins were a bit... let me not go there. 

What I know is that this movie is a very serious one.  There are many people like the Aunt and Uncle who think they could get away with murder.

They gave poor Indy mental anguish and she thought she had to pay for her stay because she should be grateful that they took her in.  

This is also about faith in humanity being restored and love for fur babies etc.

I just saw this movie by chance.  I forgot music video I was watching when this movie played almost immediately.  It seemed interesting enough so I glued my eyes to the screen.

Did I have any regrets?

None at all.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)