Kano Luvs Pinay: Ang Turkey Man ay Pabo Rin (2013)


To blog or not to blog about this was the greatest debacle ever...NOT!

My rule is that if I have nothing good to say or I am dumbfounded, then I won't blog about it.

It just took me a while before writing about this, but I'm telling you, it's worth it.  There are lots of good things this movie has to offer.  It's more than a comedy.  It is about different cultures and what Matthew(Travis Kraft) discovered, there is unity in diversity.

Cookie(Tuesday Vargas) and I belong to different social classes, but I can't say I am better than her, because I am not.  Why did it take time for me to write about this then?

I wanted to think of a catchy phrase that would entice people to see it. Well, I still couldn't compose something spectacular, so what the hey? I'll just write from the heart.

By the way,  it's available online from one of Travis Kraft's youtube channels. 

Travis Kraft is married to an ABS-CBN superwoman called Imabelle...a superwoman in his heart and mind. Click this VLOG to know more about them.(more below)

The movie may not be filled with superstars, but everyone included in this movie is mighty talented.

There are many superstitions in this movie that I haven't heard before, so it's great to learn them too.

It is a situational comedy, but it does present a lot serious subject matters too.

No matter how weird a lot of things in this movie are, listen to Cookie's closing statement.  

All in all, including the atrocities, it is a beautiful movie. -BLOG ENTRY ABOUT THE MOVIE ENDS HERE


Other matters that are still connected with the movie:
You do not open the lights, you turn it on.

 ;-) I added this info because it was a pet peeve of mine before.  When people say, "Open the light...open the air conditioner..."  I cringe.  I promise not to overly correct anyone because my I don't have the right to be a grammar Nazi.  Only those with perfect grammar have the right to do that.  It's alright to correct someone because you care, but when you look down on them even if you are inches shorter than them, that's definitely not a good thing.

There's this newspaper man who married a Filipina who keeps lambasting our country and our ways.  All I can say to him is, "What are you doing here? You say it's because you love your wife. If you love your wife, you've got to love everything about her, including her country and her country men."

Thankfully, Matthew truly loves Cookie and listened to reason.  If ever you do watch this, I must say, that Matthew is right.  You do not open the lights, you turn them on.  Same goes with the TV, the AC, the radio and some others.

There are many things tackled in the movie that are quite serious, but presented in a light way.

I must admit I am guilty of some of the things Cookie pointed out like if someone who is the High Society would marry let's say a French guy, we would admire her, but when someone from overseas learns to love a common looking person, we look down on them.  The word exotic became distorted, for lack of a better description.  I hated it when that happened because when I was younger, I was described as exotic.  I know exotic dancers mean strippers, but now when people see a Filipina and a sailor perhaps, they would laugh and say, "That guy has poor taste.  There are better looking Filipinas, why should he choose an exotic looking girl."  It now means someone who is not pretty...and that's the kinder description.

We hate being discriminated upon, but when it's our turn to discriminate...

This is getting long now.

I guess I'll end this blog entry for real now.


Review: 'Ang Turkey Man ay Pabo Rin' a Fil-Am  adobo


Directed by 
Randolph Longjas

Writing Credits (in alphabetical order)  
Allan Habon
Alpha Habon -(screenplay)
Rod Marmol -(contributing writer) (as Rod Cabataña Marmol)

Starring:

Travis Kraft as Matthew Adams
Tuesday Vargas as Conchita 'Cookie' Bigoy
Julia Clarete as Osang, Cookie's friend
Cai Cortez as Girlie, Cookie's friend
JM de Guzman as Dong, Cookie's brother
Micko Laurente as Jon-Jon, Cookie's son

Rest of cast listed alphabetically:
Vangie Castillo as Mercy
Antonette Garcia     as Luisa
Ronald Inocencio as Tatang
Madlen Nicolas as Inang
Chris Perris         as Victor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)