Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous(ay mali...Friends in Love pala) 1983



FRIENDS IN LOVE

Whenever I watch this movie I am convinced that even in the 1980s there were many local films of international calibre. This is such a beautiful story by Orlando Nadres written for the screen by Soxie Topacio and directed by the indefatigable Eddie Garcia.

The actors were carefully chosen, and they all were able immerse into their roles.  I love the flow of the story and even if it didn't deal with people in the poverty line, the story is very believable and it is relatable.

It doesn't matter if Brent International School was sort of fictionalised here, because the scenes in the school were very credible. 

݉݉݉݉݉݉݉݉



It has been more than 35 years since it was shown.  All of the main actors, except for Rowell Santiago, have grown children.  All four are successful in their respective fields, et cetera, et cetera.

When this was being shown I was head over heels...well, I'm sure I wasn't in love so I let's just say I had a humongous crush on Rowell Santiago, but I admire all four of them.

The story's theme is about true friendship, changing partners and the lifestyles of the rich and...well, I don't know if they were supposed to be famous in the movie.  If being popular in the campus counts, then they're indeed famous.  :-p

The problems are not really earth shattering, but everyone of them were undergoing something.

There were light moments too.  There were sports activities, beach activities, horseback riding et cetera.

By the way, this is the movie where Angela Bofill has a song number with our Mega Star(This Time I'll Be Sweeter).  I think they had another title for her back then, but since she's the Mega Star now, let's just call her that

It's a very memorable movie that I would watch again someday.  Maybe not anytime soon, but I definitely would. 

:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)