The Christmas Choir (2008) Inspired by a true story

From imdb

I came across this when I was searching for movies written by the novelist called SANDRA BROWN.  The one who uploaded this probably intended...well, I don't want to accuse that person of misleading the viewers...I did at first, but I told myself, What if the person who uploaded it did not do it on purpose? So I decided to give the "uploader" the benefit of the doubt.

Thankfully, I enjoyed the film.  I've seen many movies of the same theme, but these things happen in real life, with different twists.  

Much later I learned that this was inspired by true events.  Besides changing the names of the characters, the profession and other factors were changed too.  Yes.  They fictionalized it for cinematic purposes.

Just read the 

Review from ROYAL COLLEGE OF PSYCHIATRISTS if you want to learn more about it.

What I can tell you right now is that it won't be a waste of your time to watch this.

Thanks for your time.

also from imdb

The Christmas Choir is a 2008 made for television holiday film written by Donald Martin and directed by Peter Svatek, It is based upon a true story of a man who volunteered to work at a homeless shelter and started a choir with its residents. The film first aired in December 2008 on the Hallmark Channel. The film was Michael Sarrazin's final screen role. It was inspired by the true story of Pierre Anthian and the Montreal Accrual Bonneau Choir.-from Wikipedia

Directed by
Peter Svatek

Written by
Donald Martin

CAST:
Jason Gedrick ... Peter Brockman
Tyrone Benskin ... Bob
Michael Sarrazin ... Henry Brockman
Marianne Farley ... Marilyn
Roc LaFortune ... Hector
John Dunn-Hill ... Fred
Luis Oliva ... Juan
Claudia Ferri ... Rita
Cindy Sampson ... Jill Crosby
Rhea Perlman ... Sister Agatha

(no names in the TV movie, but equally important)
Danny Blanco Hall ... (as Daniel Blanco Hall)
Lori Graham
Vlasta Vrana
John Topor
Barry Blake
Jane Gilchrist
Robert Reynolds
Donna Byrne
Graham Cuthbertson
Bill Corday
Claudia Tiseo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)