I Am ... Full Out: The Ariana Berlin Movie (2015)

#inspirational
#AnaGolja
#ArianaBerlin
#ArtisticGymnastics
Initial Release:  September 11, 2015
ARIANA'S Instagram Account
Directed by 
Sean Cisterna
Written by
Beth Iley who is also the story editor(the one reviewers blame the most---thankfully, I'm just an observer) and
Willem Wennekers


Another recent close to death experience made me want some inspiration on how to bounce back.  I have been bombarding myself with lots of material, but I hope I am not drowning myself.  One of the materials that gave me inspiration is Ariana Berlin's life that became the basis of a TV movie called FULL OUT starring Degrassi's Ana Golja

Both Ariana Berlin and Ana Golja are  beautiful and athletic.  Ana Golja, like Ariana Berlin is amazing.  She may not be a bemedalled gymnast, but she is definitely an athlete.  She could skate, she can do dance sports et cetera plus she has the determination to learn new stuff.  Even if twenty-six-year-old Ariana was her stunt double in the movie, Ana Golja still trained to do some stuff and that is why the movements were so realistic.  She's really very passionate and gives her best in anything that she does.

Cambridge gymnast lands role as stunt double in film (for Isla, Ariana's best friend played by Sarah Fisher)

Ariana made the impossible possible.  The doctors said gymnastics was out of the question, but she proved them wrong.

Ariana spent five days in an induced coma with two collapsed lungs, two broken legs, a broken wrist, broken collarbone and cracked ribs. Her mother survived the accident with a broken tibia, shattered scapula and minor brain trauma. Apr 20, 2007- source

Like any true to life stories there were certain scenarios fictionalised for cinematic purposes, but it's true that Ariana joined a hiphop/breakdancing crew before going back to be being a gymnast.  How she went back to being a gymnast is different in the movie and in real life.
Ariana Berlin
AN EXCLUSIVE WITH ARIANA BERLIN
One reviewer noticed some continuity issues and she implied that the fictionalised parts are more than the true-to-life scenes.  A lot of scenes are not plausible and other scenes just did not happen.

Like the said reviewer I also noticed that there were scenes and time frames that were not in sync with real time and situations.

You would ask yourself these questions: Is there really a Nate?  Is Isla for real?  Is Adam for real?  Is Michelle for real? Is Coach Pierce/Pearce for real? Is Ariana's mother really semi unremorseful?  Is there such a word? 

Notwithstanding all those unbelievable scenes that were added to make it more interesting, so they thought, all in all, it is a very inspiring movie.  Let no one tell you that you can't do something. That guy, Nick Vujicic, with no arms and legs, is limitless.  He even became a father.  Joni Eareckson Tada could paint and she's a quadriplegic.  The list goes on.

I know if I were in her situation I might have given up already like when someone famous told me I couldn't be this famous composer and this famous musician so and so.  I did what I was told and took a different path.  If I rewrote that script then I would have just been challenged and proved all of them wrong.  Instead, I proved them right.

So never let anyone make you feel inferior.  As Joe in Princess Diaries told Mia, quoting Eleanor Roosevelt: No one can make you feel inferior without YOUR consent.

I'm not saying we should all be arrogant and act snooty or whatever.  I'm just saying we should have more confidence, but we also have to be grounded...reality checks are important too.  There should be a balance...weighing of things.  

Whoa.  I'm not trying to be preachy.  I'm just thinking out loud.  If ever I am preaching, I am preaching to myself.  I'm telling myself it's not too late(and I'm NOT talking about gymnastics) to live your dream, but always remember not to step on anyone's toes.  Be genuinely happy for me.  Continue to be in awe of those people who inspire you.  Ariana Berlin is one of them.

This may not be a totally accurate story...I mean, this may not be an accurate story of her life, but it does have lots of morals and lessons. 

They could've foregone the cheesy stuff, but...

It's worth watching as long as you won't be too technical every second of the movie.  I read a review where the reviewer lambasted EVERY scene...OK, not every scene, but almost every scene.

If this movie was 100% correct, then it would be freaky.  That means even ceilings of houses without CCTv cameras can be penetrated by satellites cameras or whatever you call it and there's no privacy at all.  Not a single iota.  Not even when you are doing your very private stuff.  It would be crazy to think that Ariana was stalked by the writer since she was in her mother's belly and was even a witness to what really happened inside the car when the accident happened.

Note: It's freaky enough that our movements could be seen beyond the roof as a lot of movies pointed out.  Not very sure if it's the body heat or whatever, but there are indeed cameras that see beyond walls.

Just thinking about that makes me shudder, but it could probably be true AFTER rapture(the goodbye to privacy thing).  Even if it's not yet happening now(hopefully), it still gives me the creeps, but dystopia movies have already shown its possibilities.  :-p



Sarah Fisher and Ana Golja, both Degrassi girls, play
best friends, Isla and Ariana.  UCLA Team Mate plays Sarah's stunt double and the real Ariana Berlin plays Ana's stunt double for the landings and other difficult stuff, but these two brave girls did some of the stunts themselves, making each scene look realistic



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)