Straight From The Heart (2003) and Montana Sky (2007)



1. STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART

Based on the book by PAMELA WALLACE. She also wrote the Teleplay.
Disheartened when Edward (Greg Evigan), her boyfriend of five years, fails to ask her to marry him, photographer Jordan Donovan (Teri Polo) takes her friend's advice and flies to Wyoming for a blind date with rancher Tyler Ross (Andrew McCarthy). The two overcome their initial dislike of each other and fall in love, but Tyler is haunted by the death of his wife, while Jordan is still attached to Edward. Worried they may not be able to maintain a relationship, Jordan returns to New York City. -WWW
Initial release9 February 2003
Initial DVD release27 May 2003

Horses, horses and more horses.  Yes!  This is my kind of film, plus the love story, of course.  I also like Teri Polo and Andrew McCarthy since the 1980s. Add to the pair, Greg Evigan.  Boy, oh boy!  This is one movie I shouldn't miss.

I'm pretty sure I was able to watch this fifteen years ago, but there was no harm in watching it again.  I vaguely remember most of the scenes, so it was like I was watching it for the first time anyway. What stuck in my head is the ending, so I was looking forward to that.  

As I was watching the movie I wondered if it was only the ending that I have seen before because the other scenes were new to me.  Hmm... that was quite alright.  That gave me a chance to view it like the first time.

Sigh.

When the ending finally came, I realised that I really remember it quite clearly.  Awwwww.

🐎🐎🐎

What I like about this movie made for the telly is the fact that Jordan was not too predictable to Tyler.  Yes, she was full of surprises and she's got spunk.  She also was very brave and she did not blindly follow anyone.  

The caring people around them were plus factors.  Even the antagonists were vital to the story.

Would I watch it again after this?

Of course, but like what I said, my list is getting longer and longer. ;-) The nice thing about this is that the author of the book is also the author of the teleplay.  I bet this movie is exactly how she envisioned this to be.

CAST:

Teri Polo as Jordan Donovan
Andrew McCarthy as Tyler Ross
Patricia Kalember as Laurie Woods
Greg Evigan as Edward Morgan
Christine Tucci as Carla Dimaggio
David Jean Thomas as Jesse Syms (as David Jean-Thomas)

J. Kenneth Campbell as Howard Jamison

2. MONTANA SKY

From Google Images
Screenplay by April Smith

Three very different half-sisters are bequeathed their late father's ranch in Montana on the condition that they all live together for a year in order to honour the terms of their inheritance. Despite their differences, the girls attempt a lasting reunion, but a saboteur in their midst plots to split the siblings up.- WWW
Initial release5 February 2007
Initial DVD release7 August 2007


From Google images


Nora Roberts is one of my favourite authors.

The only reason I am not uploading a photo of my book is the fact that my Google Drive is almost full.

The story is more complete in the book, but I can't say that the book is better.  For one, the movie like the rest of the ones based on her books is supervised by Nora Roberts herself.

Ashley Williams, for me at least, is the perfect Willa.  I think I was imagining someone else as Lily, but Charlotte Ross is also perfect as Tess.  In fairness to Laura Mennel, she did justice to Lily.

Needless to say, Diane Ladd made Bess real and John Corbett is believable as Ben.

🐴🐴🐴
Since this movie is based on a Nora Roberts book you would have to expect that there's some sort of mystery and there would be some elements of surprise, even for an avid reader.  I shed some tears when the first human casualty...well, I was distraught when the animals died, but knowing that the first casualty knew his assailant, I was shaken. That is so sad, even if I knew who the assailant was.

The actors were chosen well, I must say.  Thanks to Susan Glicksman and her team.

Kudos to everyone involved in this project.

Thanks to you dear reader for your taking your time in reading this  blog entry about movies about horses and love.  ;-)

CAST
Ashley Williams as Willa Mercy
John Corbett as Ben McKinnon
Charlotte Ross as Tess Mercy
Diane Ladd as Bess
Laura Mennell as Lily Mercy
Nathaniel Arcand as Adam Wolfchild
Aaron Pearl as Nate Torrence
Tom Carey as Jim
Scott Heindl as Jesse Carne
James Baker as Ham
Donovan Workun as Pickles
Stephen Hair as Ken Campbell
James D. Hopkin as Preacher
Heather Lea MacCallum as Coroner
James Dugan as Vet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)