Coming Home For Christmas (2017)

Google Images

Lizzie Richfield lands a job as house manager for the exquisite Ashford Estate in the Virginia countryside. While preparing the place for sale, Lizzie plans one final Christmas Eve gala for the family, although they seem to be a family in name only.
Initial release: 18 November 2017 (USA)
Director: Mel Damski
Original release: November 18, 2017
Original network: Hallmark Channel
Produced by: Harvey Kahn

It's seldom...well, close to rare...that I find a film where 100% of the people surveyed loved it.  This movie is one of those rarities that it piqued my interest. Unfortunately, some critics and reviewers think otherwise.  To each his own.

This made for TV movie is based on the beloved Novel by Jenny Hale of the same title.  Instead of Allie, the lead character of this movie is nicknamed Lizzie, played by Danice McKellar.

I have not read Jenny Hale's masterpiece just yet, but maybe I should.  I want to find out if Allie is very talkative...perky and all that.  People love that book, but the movie, at least in imdb, has mixed reviews.

What do I think?

I love Ashford's pond, lake or whatever body of water is that overlooking the mountain.  I know they mentioned it, but my memory bank seems to be corrupted at them moment.

I'm just sad because a Virginian was disappointed because the person could not recognise anything Virginian in the movie.  I know what that person means.  When our park gets featured in movies, TV ads, TV shows or whatever else, I get so excited.  So when nothing close to being a true Virginian was showcased in the movie...

The long and short of it, I love the story.

I don't want to be technical like other observers, so I think that's about it.

Thanks a lot for your time.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)