Gourmet Detective: EAT, DRINK AND BE BURIED (2017)

NOTE TO SELF:This is supposed to be their third month together, and Abby is now fifteen.  At first I was confused so I traced my steps.  The series started with Abby being thirteen then months later, fourteen. Then a year later they finally became an item, so there, Abby is fifteen.  #HallmarkMoviesAndMysteries #GourmetDetectiveEatDrinkAndBeBuried

Directed by Mark Jean
Written by Becky Southwell and Dylan Neal based on the character created by Peter King

The teleplay of husband and wife team, Becky Southwell and Dylan Neal, is funny, witty and exciting.  It's not something for the big screen, but for a TV series, it's quite good. There's some amount of predictability, but there's enough room for MYSTERY.

A new character enters the scene and I think he is going to be a regular.  It's Bruce Boxleitner.  Since I haven't read the book, I don't know if his role does appear in it.

He is a welcome addition to the series.  There are still nine episodes left for the first season so I wonder if this year they are going to release the fifth installment.

Honestly, I like Dylan and Becky's style of writing.  They really work well together.  

Did I mention that I used to watch THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL a lot?  Dylan played the hot and sexy Dylan Shaw(1994-1996---I was actually hooked on Ronn Moss who worked well with Hunter Tylo), but between him and Bruce Boxleitner's John Sheridan of Babylon 5, I would choose John Sheridan anytime, although Dylan was indeed hot and sexy. OK, he still is and is very charming too, but so is Brooke, so it's a good mix.

Needless to say, I'm hooked.  I would surely want to know more about Maggie, Henry, Abby et al.  I also want to know if Munro and Lucy would hit it off well with each other.  I just hope they won't make this series just a yearly thing.  Quarterly, perhaps?

Thanks a lot for your time.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)