Alex & The List (2018)

Alex, a lovable, unassuming dog trainer is in love with a great woman - Katherine - smart, talented, from a good family. Katherine adores Alex's quirky sense of humor, honesty and capacity to listen. Having decided to pop the question, Alex is blindsided when Katherine produces a detailed list of well-thought-out "improvements" she feels will tweak Alex on their way to becoming the ideal couple. Alex instinctively rejects the suggestion that he needs to change anything. But with the threat of a new competitor, Alex decides to "do the list." Guided by a coterie of friends that include: Dave, Alex's loyal childhood buddy, best female friend Lily, her husband Michael, and their 8-year-old son, Nicky, Alex's journey has him reconsider and question his beliefs, values and world.

Directed by HARRIS GOLDBERG, one of the writers

JULIE GONZALO appears here as Lara, and she loves dogs.
This movie defies something most posters imply.  What?  Watch the movie to find out, but I may have said it already. ;-)  Or maybe not.

This is a dog person's movie.  I'm a dog person.  Dogs are furry animals I am not allergic to.   I love this movie.

One of the meanings of Lara is protection.  The others are cheerful, full of joy, shining, famous.

🐕🐶🐕🐶🐕🐶

Well, since I'm mentioning about the meanings of my name, then I might as well mention the meanings of the names of the other characters, not that it has any bearing on the story.  None at all.

One of the meanings of Alexander is defender or protector. Alex here is a professional dog trainer who has money he inherited from his father. He is played by PATRICK FUGIT.

Catherine means clear and pure.  She is a spoiled rich American Jew.  She is a good and beautiful person, but... JENNIFER MORRISON plays Catherine.

Lily means innocence or pure.  She is Alex's best friend. KAREN GILLAN plays Lily.

David means beloved or true friend, and he is one of Alex's good friends. EDDIE KAYE THOMAS plays Dave.

Michael means "Who is like God?" is Lily's husband, and one of Alex's good friends. AARON STATON plays Michael.

Anastasia means resurrection.  She's Alex's go to internet girlfriend of sorts. ELVY YOST plays Anastasia.

Nicholas means "Victory of the people" from the greek Nike.   Nicky is played by NICHOLAS D'ALESSIO

Gary means "Hard or Bold Spear".  Gary is played by RYAN O'NAN.


We usually have mental lists about who we should end up with, and I am telling you this, it doesn't usually work.  I say this from experience.  I had lots of lists before, and if even just one thing goes amiss, that relationship ends.

Not all of my relationships ended because of that reason, of course.  If others called me a tease, but let me go because they respected me, there were a couple who almost got what they wanted by trying to scare me.  Thankfully...

Anyways, at first I thought I was not going to like this movie so I almost stopped watching this, but I'm glad I didn't.  

Patrick Fugit grows on you, and he's so great with dogs that he makes Alex lovable.

Karen Gillan who plays Nebula in Guardians of the Galaxy is as usual, so amazing.

Nicholas D'Alessio Nicky is a handsome young lad who seems to be a bright boy. He's a good actor too.

The veterans: JOBETH WILLIAMS, BOB GUNTON, and MICHAEL NOURI, one of my harmless crushes, did their parts well.

GILLES MARINI could play a handsome gay guy, but he's not gay here.

The dogs are adorable, and the other stars, whether their roles were big or small, did fine too.

It's a good movie.  It's not outstanding, but it is viewable.  



CAST from IMDB
Karen Gillan...Lily
Jennifer Morrison...Katherine Stern
Julie Gonzalo...Lara
Patrick Fugit...Alex
Bob Gunton...Mr. Stern
Lesley-Anne Down...Victoria
Victoria Tennant...Barbara
Aaron Staton...Michael
JoBeth Williams...Mrs. Stern
Michael Nouri...Rabbi Baskin
Eddie Kaye Thomas...Dave
Gilles Marini...Dr. Antonio Rosenblatt
Elvy Yost...Anastasiya
Ryan O'Nan...Gary
Dana Powell...Holly



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)