My third time watching Ronnie and Julie (1997)

In this modern reinterpretation of Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet," Ronnie (Joshua Jackson) is a hockey player and Julie (Margot Finley) is a talented figure skater. They meet at a debate in which their parents are battling for a mayoral position, and are instantly drawn to each other. However, their fledgling relationship faces obstacles due to their feuding parents. How long can the star-crossed lovers keep their relationship a secret from their families?- Source

Directed by Philip Spink
Written by Richard Clark, Larry Sugar and William Conway
Loosely based on William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet



If you would count the bits and pieces I saw outside the two times I've watched this modern day adaptation before my very recent viewing, then maybe you could say I've seen this flick a dozen of times.

I may have been almost thirty when I watched this flick, but watching Joshua Jackson here in this pre-Dawson's Creek days, but after D3(The Mighty Ducks) with beautiful Margot Finley, has always been a welcome delight.

I saw this first in the States, then a couple of years later, I watched it at home here in the Philippines.  Now, almost twenty years later, I watched it online.

The magic is still there.  This may be a story of young love, but it still gives me the thrill of being in love with love.

I love Willa's innocence and the stuff that still happen this day and age.

The theme song makes me feel light hearted. I included it here along with the lyrics so you won't need to search for them:


SOMETHING HAPPENED TO MY HEART
LYRICS:

Not long ago, on my own
i thought i had it figured out
But i've been changing from the start
out of nowhere, something happened to my heart
I turned the page, everyday
But every chapter was the same
And I read it from the start
Out of nowhere, something happened to my heart

Hang on, make it last forever
all our lives together
every moment, everyday
I don't understand this feeling
It's wonderful and strange
I never thought my heart would ever change

All at once I'm so alive
I can feel it deep inside
And I wanna spend my life with you
I never felt like this before
I wanna feel it more and more
Something happened to my heart

WRITTEN AND PRODUCED BY Craig Salkeld, Miles Hill, Jim Gutteridge & Darryl Bennett

PERFORMED BY Tanya Hacheroff and Cameron Grant


#LoveTheme
#RonnieAndJulie
#SomethingHappenedtoMyHeart
Photo
Something happened to my heart

Now about the skating...  I may not be a professional skater, but watching Margot Finley during her practices/rehearsals, I know she's definitely not a professional skater.  It was a wise move to make her character use a mask during the regionals.

Well, I guess that's about all I wanna say.

Thanks for your time.

CAST FROM IMDB:

Teri Garr...Elizabeth Monroe
Joshua Jackson...Ronnie Monroe
Margot Finley...Julie Cappell
Tom Butler...Arthur Cappell
Alexandra Purvis...Willa Cappell
Iris Quinn...Trudy
Brad Payne...Tim Cappell
Jade Pawluk...Paul Reese
Billy O'Sullivan...Marty
Vanessa King...Clare
Yôko Sakai...Gail

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)