THE MISTLE TOE PROMISE (2016)


From Google Images

Two strangers with a disdain for Christmas make a holiday pact to pretend to be a couple to ease their holiday complications. As they spend more time together, the phony couple begin to experience the magic of Christmas.
Written by: Michael Nourse based on Richard Paul Evan's novel of the same title.  

🎄🎄🎄

Nicca, Christmas story in June, really?  You've been watching a lot of them lately.  Why?  Why are you writing about it now?

Honestly, something happened that made my heart fly to the Christmas season.  I am actually in tears now that I needed something to make me smile...something that would make me feel warm and fuzzy this rainy season so I searched the net for those types of movies.

Honestly, I don't watch them one after another all the time, but there are days that I do.  Today is not one of those days, thank goodness.  It's just that my heart is wrenched right now...well, not right now, because this movie did the trick.

Jaime King and Luke Macfarlane made me crave for a figgy pudding.  Thankfully, there's none available, or else, my endocrinologist wouldn't be too happy about it.  It's for my own good.
These two look beautiful together.  Even if they are just acting, they made it so believable. 

Luke Macfarlane grew on me via a Christmas Story called MAGGIE'S CHRISTMAS MIRACLE and Jaime King's onscreen presence is majestically awesome.  I've liked her since PEARL HARBOR where she played Nurse Betty Bayer and most recently, I watched her in ESCAPE PLAN 2.

☃☃☃❄❄❄☃☃☃

I have seen many great relationships that started with a contract in reel and real life, so I was pretty psyched.  I know there'll be some old elements and someone might find out about THE MISTLETOE PROMISE, but thankfully it backfired.  How?  I won't tell you how.  It'll ruin the surprise.

The come-ons

  • In this movie, the usually lovable Lochlyn Munro is an obnoxious person, and for me, that makes him a very versatile person...actor.  In this made for TV movie, he is Dan, Elise's ex-husband.

  • Luke Macfarlane is Nick and is very dreamy here, but Zoey(Erin Boyes) said it better.  Luke Macfarlane is homosexual, but that's what I like about Hollywood.  A gay person is not confined to playing gay roles and a heterosexual can play a homosexual or a bisexual or whatever. Here, if they find out you are gay and you known for playing straight roles, they put you in line for the guillotine.  

I am very grateful to Richard Paul Evan's for writing this story, to Michael Nourse's Teleplay for bringing the story and for David Winning's directing for making the movie so memorable.

It truly made this roller coaster of a day bearable. 

Today wasn't all bad because I served my God and my family.  I was also able to be among friends, but...  

Anyways, this may just be a made for TV movie in some people's eyes, but for me, it melted my heart and it did its job of lifting my spirits up.

Hope you get to see this film too.

It's not too mushy, but you get to feel the love and the Christmas season, even if it is only the middle of the year.

THE CAST:

MAIN CHARACTERS:

Jaime King as Elise, a very beautiful person inside and out
Luke Macfarlane as Nick, a very handsome family lawyer who thinks he's a Christmas jinx
Christie Laing as Holly, Elise's best friend who is equally beautiful inside and out
Lochlyn Munro as Dan, Elise's terrible ex-husband
Sarah Smyth as Ashley, Nick's paralegal who could also be his guardian angel.  Nick is her favourite boss.

SUPPORTING ROLES:
Erin Boyes as Zoey, one of the most sought-out employee in the Travel Agency Elise owns.
Ashley Ross as Drew, I'm sure she's no bimbo in person, but she acted like she really was

No descriptions from me, but their roles are vital, no matter how big or small:

Ben Wilkinson as Scott (as Benjamin Wilkinson)
William Vaughan as Bradford (as William C. Vaughan)
Chelsey Marie as Kylie
Kehli O'Byrne as Sharon
Kyle Donaldson as Weatherman
Alvin Sanders as Honcho Willison
Zenaida Telfair as Sales Clerk
Robyn Monita as Hitesman Christmas party guest (uncredited)
Ana Pacheco as Floor Director TV station (uncredited)
David Winning as Hitesman Christmas party guest / shocked office worker / Announcer Larimar Snow Park Festival (voice) (uncredited)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)