Love Finds You In Valentine (2016)

Google Images

Kennedy Blaine(Michaela McManus) visits the ranch she's inherited with intentions to sell it. When she meets the manager of the ranch, Derek(Diogo Morgado), she's persuaded to stay and learn the benefits of a more peaceful life. -WWW

Written by Bryar Freed-Golden based on the novel "LOVE FINDS YOU IN VALENTINE, NEBRASKA" by Irene Brand, a Christian author
#ChristianLoveStory
#LoveForHorses

Although I am not certain, I think this is the first time I've watched Diogo Morgado in a role not as Jesus Christ.  I'm glad I got to watch this movie.  I tried watching two Filipino movies, but they were a little too erotic for R-13 movies, and to think two of my favourite actresses starred in those movies. One of them is more wholesome than the other, but they are both really good.  Unfortunately, since I am in a vulnerable state right now, I did not feel like watching those types of movies, so minutes later I stopped watching the first, then looked for another one, unfortunately, the movie had the same theme and...

Anyways, watching a Christian love story is what I need right now.  So thank you, Irene Brand, for writing the novel that this story is based.

It's also nice that I could appreciate Diogo Morgado's handsomeness without thinking, "Am I supposed to think of Jesus that way?"  LOL.

A man that loves the Lord is the best man to love and not someone who just uses the Lord to get close to someone, being condoned by Church people who are supposed to protect that someone.  Well, maybe that's unfair...

Derek Sterling is all human, with his temperaments and all, but he does have a soft side.

Derek's back story reminded me of something.  All those talks about accepting people for who they are...their past and all...made me think that if I told them a sorry story they would hug me and say, "It's OK...it's all in the past."

I remember that night so well.  It was in Baguio and I was with my Christian friends, my fellow members of the Dance Ministry, and the family of my closest friend that time.  The Dance Ministry sisters did hug me, along with my closest friend that time, but her family's opinion of me got tainted a bit.  Tsk, tsk, tsk!  

Derek had a past he wanted to forget and somebody blackmailed him for money, warning him that people would not look at him the same anymore.

I've moved on already from that situation and I've learned a lesson or two.  So if God took me out of the dark, so to speak, then maybe, just maybe God would shield Derek from that part of the past, or at least let him face it.

That made me more interested in the story.

Michaela McManus plays the tough, confident, beautiful woman named Kennedy who is studying for her bar exams. She and Diogo look good together and they are a believable couple, even if Diogo was still married to Cátia Oliveira and Michaela was already married to Mike Daniels for five years.

Lindsay Wagner did well as June Sterling and Ed Asner was awesome.

The animals look amazing and the acres and acres of the property look glorious.

I'm getting carried away, so I better tame my excitement before I give the whole story away, but believe you me, it's still better watching the movie yourself, than you just taking my word for it.

May I just say what I like about this movie best, besides the chemistry of the two leading stars plus the seasoned actors and the animals? Yes?  

I like the fact that even if this is a Christian movie, the acting is quite natural(yes, there are lots of Christian movies where the acting is natural, but there more where...I don't think I need to expound), and it's not preachy at all.

It's a beautiful story.  Either buy the book or watch the movie or do both.

🐎🐴🏇🐴🐎🏇

Thanks for your time.

May God bless us all!


#mixingtensesagain
(As chosen by Lillian Pyles and her team)
 Michaela McManus as Kennedy Blaine 
Diogo Morgado as Derek Sterling 
 Hunter Cross as Steve
James Kisicki  as Gregory Talbot 
John Eby 
Danny Rios as Ray Lazaro 
 Brian Bartels as Pastor Morgan 
Maryanne Nagel 
Keith Benford 
Lindsay Wagner as June Sterling 
Edward Asner as Gabriel Morgan (as Ed Asner) 
 Kaitlyn Sapp as Grace Morgan 
Jonathan Yurco as Ken Blaine
  Annie Kitral as Housekeeper 
Kellen Boyle as Cuddy 
Charlene Campanella  as Cashier 
Cora Higgins as Funeral Attendant (as Cora Minich) 
 Pamela Mann as
Family Funeral Attendee and Worked at the Dandelion Festival


Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)