Watching an old DVD: Eternity (2006)


Google images
The theme song
Story by Mark Reyes
Directed by Mark A. Reyes D.G.P.I.
Screenplay by Gina Marissa Tagasa-Gil

A few days ago I reposted an old thing I have written about Moments of LoveThere was something about the year Moments of Love was shown. I pondered and pondered then I checked the movies I have seen that year. I wasn't able to check everything.  I did not need to for I saw it almost immediately: ETERNITY.  This was shown months after Moments of Love.

Both movies tackled about the past and the present, but Eternity is about reincarnation and Moments of Love isn't.

The movie showed the present and the past intermittently.  There were moments when I thought it was like DEAD AGAIN. Nora Roberts' MIDNIGHT BAYOU was shown three years later, so I couldn't have compared this with that movie when I watched it the first time.

Anyways, if you have not seen Eternity, then I wouldn't say if I was right in comparing it with Dead Again.

The movie is also of international calibre.  It is well acted and there were a lot of moving scenes.  Yes, there were a lot of heartstrings pulled.

The fight scenes were also done well.

There are many reincarnation movies, I know, but this still has a lot to offer.  There are many surprises a long the way and both present and past lovers are convincing.

They four have a great supporting cast too.

Needless to say, it was written and directed well.

Would I watch it again?

Of course!


CAST
Dingdong Dantes as Crisanto, main character
Iza Calzado as Milagros, main character
Mark Herras as Cholo, main character, skeptic (regarding reincarnation)
Jennylyn Mercado as Meagan, main character, believer (regarding reincarnation)

Supporting actors:
Ms. Hilda Koronel as Chayong, Milagros' mom
Jaclyn Jose as Narcisa, Crisanto's mom
Bobby Andrews as Capitan de Joya, a person obsessed with Milagros
Jaime Fabregas as Padre Miguel, a bad friar
Arthur Solinap as Demetrio, Crisanto's  best friend
Paw Diaz as Lilay (Is she a cousin?  She can't be the maid)
Kristine "Boomboom" Gonzales Boomboom Gonzales ... AJ, as Meagan's spirited friend
Michael Roy Jornales as Noel, the antagonist(present day)
Pinky Amador as Meagan's mom
Jackie Castillejo as Cholo's mother
Richard Gomez as Fencing Instructor
Cheska Iñigo as Trinidad
Carla Martinez as Trinidad's mother
Gian Nocom
Bibeth Orteza as Praxides, the seer
Juan Rodrigo as  Cholo's father
Brad Turvey
Ernie Zarate as Meagan's grandpa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)