Sisters of the Groom (2016)

During the start of this TV movie you would ask yourself if the title is a misnomer or not.  You know what, it does not matter.  I got interested and I watched it.  Who cares if the sisters aren't really the central characters?  They were still instrumental in bringing Jason and Sarah together, even if it was not on purpose.  Yes,  you guessed it right.  I convinced myself with those words.

from imdb
Directed by Bradford May
Story by Mary Pocrnic and Jim Guzzo
Teleplay by Mary Pocrnic
As the story progressed, especially towards the end, the sisters of the grooms(present and future) have their own highlights, so maybe I'm wrong.  It's not a misnomer after all.

There was a time when I tried stopping myself from watching Hallmark/PixL movies because I wanted to get out of dream zone.  Life is not a movie, yes, but we all know that life (also) imitates art.  

It's good to have reality checks, but once in a while, especially when you are almost down in the dumps or have a major concern in life, these movies are the things to watch.

In all fairness there are Hallmark movies that are very real.

Back to the movie...

Jason and Sarah have an instant rapport and they didn't realise that.  Coming out from the mouths of babes, "They were doing googly-eyes at each other."  Not sure if that's verbatim or not.  If Jason and Sarah have an instant rapport, do Jeremy and Melise have chemistry? Yes, indeed!  Maybe they are not real life sweethearts, but they made us believe they are.  They made me wonder.  Would I check it out?  Maybe later...much, much later.  I'm still in the zone of being in love with this story.

To be honest, the only person familiar to me in this movie is Greg Evigan(My Two Dads). For the longest time, he was Joey Harris to me.

Maybe Matthew Atkinson is a little familiar and so is Michelle LaRue, but maybe she just resembles Emma Roberts.  I dunno.


Was the story over the top? Maybe, but it works for me. 

To prepare something in such short notice? It worked because somebody like Sarah didn't panic, Molly was there to help and Ben had all those connections.  It could happen.  Yes, it could.  

Would I watch it again?

Sure, but like what I said before, the list is getting longer, so I guess it'll take a while before I do.



CAST:

Melise as Sarah Adams (as Malese Jow), Food Culturist, central character 
Jeremy Sumpter as Jason Quinn, central character who is born to be a landscape architect
Savannah Jayde as Molly Davis (as Savannah Jade)
Annie Tedesco as Amanda Robinson, one of the Sisters of the Groom
Matthew Atkinson as Ben Reynolds, Molly's ex 
Aynsley Bubbico as Lisa Bauer, one of the Sisters of the Groom
Johnny Wactor as Tim Quinn, The Groom
Lauren Rose Lewis as Cassie Cartwright, not your typical ex-girlfriend
Greg Evigan as William Quinn
Hannah Nordberg as Kate Bauer (as Hanna Nordberg), Jason's niece(one of the Sisters of the Groom's daughter)
Zakary Risinger as Sam Bauer, Jason's nephew(one of the Sisters of the Groom's son)
Michelle LaRue as Nicole Peabody, the Bride
Michael Rupnow as Robert Bauer, the husband of one of the Sisters of the Groom
Graham Hamilton as Henry Robinson, the husband of one of the Sisters of the Groom 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)