Let It Snow (2013)

Google Images

When Falcon Resorts acquires family-owned Snow Valley Lodge from retiring owners Karla (Gabrielle Rose) and Paul (Dan Willmott), driven executive Stephanie Beck (Candace Cameron Bure) must spend the week before Christmas in Maine preparing a proposal on the property's renovations. Determined to impress Falcon's president, her detached father Ted (Alan Thicke), Stephanie reluctantly departs her warm Arizona home to immerse herself in the lodge's property and decide how to change it to fit the hip, young Falcon brand. While preparing to rebuild the Snow Valley Lodge from the ground up, Stephanie butts heads with her property guide, Brady Lewis (Jesse Hutch), Karla and Paul's son, who has decided to leave his family's business over creative differences with his dad.

A self-defined Grinch, Stephanie begins her stay at Snow Valley Lodge immune to Christmas sentiment. But as the lodge's festive traditions provide the Christmas Stephanie never had growing up with her distant father, Stephanie finds herself enjoying every minute. To complicate her professional duties even further, the combative feelings she felt toward Brady turn into romantic ones. With Stephanie's newfound Christmas spirit and unexpected holiday romance, she begins to question Falcon's overhaul. As her Christmas Eve deadline approaches, she's faced with a decision: should she transform the lodge into a new winter hot spot or embrace tradition and let it snow?-THE HALLMARK CHANNEL


Jesus is the real reason for the season, I know that in my heart, but there's just something about the spirit of Christmas that brings magic.

That's what this movie did to me.  Besides bringing me those fond memories of Christmas of yesteryear, it made my heart dance.

I appreciate Stephanie and Brady's love story.  It didn't start off at the right foot, but a day later, they were able to at least start again and eventually fall in love.

Not all whirlwind relationships work, but I know more than a couple who were in whirlwind relationships and they've been together for decades.  Sadly I also know people who have been together and full of love for decades, then just like that, they would dissolve their marriages.

Anyways, I learned something new.  I learned that DECEMBER 21 is The Feast of St. Thomas, the Apostle:

I know about St. Thomas, but I never knew about this tradition during Christmas.  What I knew was that we celebrate his feast every July 3rd.  If I knew... ;-)  Anyways here are the instructions for spinsters like me:

1. Climb into bed using a step-stool 
2. Removed your shoes 
3.  In the Hallmark movie she spins around three times after removing her shoes, however many sources I have found that explain The Feast of St. Thomas ritual exclude this step so it’s your call! (the words are from The Tipsy Verse)

4. Throw the shoes at your bedroom door, toes first

5. Sleep with your head at the foot of the bed
I hope and I pray I won't need to wait until December 21st.  

😉😉😉

Catholic Activity: Celebrating on December 21, the Feast of St. Thomas the Apostle in the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite

#Grinches
#FatherDaughterRelationships
#FamilyTraditions
#ChristmasTraditions

Yes, I may have given you a hint about Brady and Stephanie, but the story is not just about them.  It's about families, Christmas Families, Traditions, Father-Daughter relationships, Father-Son relationships, kismet(listen to Karla toward the end of the movie) and so much more.

I hope you would be able to watch this if you haven't already.   It doesn't matter what season, what day and time you get to watch it.  You will have the Christmas spirit any time of the year when you.  Just like me, I watched this in June and yet I feel like singing Christmas Carols.

😉😉😉

Thanks a bunch for your time!



THE CAST(IMDB):

Candace Cameron Bure...Stephanie Beck
Jesse Hutch...Brady Lewis
Alan Thicke...Ted Beck
Gabrielle Rose...Karla Lewis
Dan Willmott...Paul Lewis
Alison Thornton...Angeline Bennett
Samantha Ferris...Sally
Connor Christopher Levins...Zak (as Connor Levins)
John Innes...Harvey
Meredith McGeachie...Tara

Matthew Kevin Anderson...Andy
Emma Tremblay...Amanda
Lee Vincent...Maitre D'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)