Gourmet Detective: A HEALTHY PLACE TO DIE (2015)

Google Images
Directed by 
Scott Smith
Written by (in alphabetical order)  
Dawn DeKeyser (story and teleplay)
Peter King the (creator)
Dylan Neal (teleplay)
Becky Southwell (teleplay)
#HallmarkMoviesAndMysteries
Henry Ross is a prominent chef and charming culinary expert, highly respected in San Francisco's food industry circles. Maggie Price is a beautiful, no-nonsense police detective and single mom to a 13-year old daughter. After previously joining forces to solve a murder at a five-star restaurant, Henry and Maggie are once again reunited. This time, the action unfolds at a luxurious resort where Henry is a guest presenter at a gourmet food conference and Maggie is, reluctantly, taking a much-needed vacation. When a journalist staying at the resort disappears and is found murdered, Henry and Maggie team up to untangle a complicated web of mystery - involving the journalist, a movie star and high profile fixtures of the San Francisco restaurant scene - and solve the murder.-source

Since I enjoyed the Pilot Episode so much, I searched the net for this second one and thankfully, I found it.

A vacation could make a relationship deeper, right?  It could make two people with sexual tension fall in love, right?  Well, if this weren't a murder mystery series, maybe so, but it is.  

What it did to the two of our lead stars is to find out they could really work well with each other.  There are innuendos, of course, but they are still in denial, although the viewers could already sense that there's something there.

The lines are very witty and although I was able to guess who the real murderer was earlier than they caught on, I didn't know how and what their connection was to the scene six years earlier.  I kept on guessing, but I just couldn't point a finger at it or have an aha moment.

When someone got hold of the victim's journal, it intensified my thinking my guess is actually right,  but I thought it involved an aquarium or something, but it didn't make sense because this is a series involving food, but we do put fish that we cook in an aquarium at times.  The neon kind of fish that I am talking about are known as pets, so scratched that thought out.

The story kept me guessing.  I guess I should go to the bookstore and just buy Mr. Peter King's series on the Gourmet Detective or something, but I didn't want to spoil the fun.

Other than the two of them and the characters in the Pilot Episode, the only actor familiar to me in Brendan Penny. Maybe I've seen the others in other films, but...  Anyways,  it doesn't matter.  What's important is that they were able to deliver.

Maybe not everyone are great actors, but I am not disappointed one bit.

There's a probability that not everyone would agree with me, but like what I always say, I am NOT a critic.  I am only an OBSERVER.

Oh, before I go, may I just say that Brooke Burns, at least in this episode or probably all the time, kind of remind me of Sandra Bullock?  Well, she does.

I guess that's it.  

Thank you so much for your time.

May you have a pleasant day or evening!  :-)


Cast from imdb:
Dylan Neal...Henry
Brooke Burns...Maggie
Matthew Kevin Anderson...Munro
Marc Senior...Bailey
Ali Skovbye...Abigail (as Alissa Skovbye)
Samantha Ferris...Captain Forsyth
Shannon Chan-Kent...Lucy
Patrick Sabongui...Lucas
Crystal Lowe...Gretchen
Christine Willes...Doris
Stefanie von Pfetten...Evelynn
Brenda Crichlow...Erica (as Brenda M. Crichlow)
Devon Weigel...Danielle
Dean Marshall...John
Lisa Marie DiGiacinto...Kathleen
Brendan Penny...Eric
Steve Valentine...Michael
Stephen Ogden...Edward
Mayumi Yoshida...Ruby


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)