In Your Eyes (2010)


Unlike the other old films I have been reposting or have written new things about recently, I have never watched this one inside a theatre.  I watched this at the comforts of my home, and I must say I shed a lot of tears.  I think there was a total of three times when I had been in situations when I chose to let go of someone because of doing the right thing.  I do not have a DNA/blood/flesh sister, so nothing of this sort happened to me, but I have been at both ends of the rope before, and one situation was more difficult.  There's a fourth situation which I couldn't categorise, but my heart is wrenched just the same.  So is it really better to have loved and lost than not to love at all?

When Ciara(Claudine Barretto) saw Dennis(Leandro Muñoz) with his wife, and Storm(Richard Gutierrez) came to the rescue, a similar situation came to mind, unfortunately I did not have someone like Storm to rescue me.  I thought to myself, would I have done the same.  Would my loneliness lead me to selfishness at least at that particular moment? Maybe, but like Ciara who loves Julia(Anne Curtis) more than her life, I would regret it in the end.

With that way of thinking, the fourth situation comes to mind and the conversations between, Dr. Samuel Olfindo(Joel Torre) and Ciara became like voices of reason.  

Where was I when this movie was being shown?  Oh, earlier I was busy trying to be a visual artist and training to be an opera singer, but I didn't push through with the latter.  I just didn't see myself being an opera singer so I concentrated in singing for the Lord, which for me, and I emphasise that I am just talking about myself and not others, is a much better choice, and I am NOT saying opera singers don't offer their singing for the Lord, but the one training me that time was leading me to another path. 

There were familiar scenes because I have seen bits and pieces of this on TV,  but now that I've seen everything, I got to hand it to Keiko Aquino.  She is really a raconteur extraordinaire. Just when I thought I already know where the story was going, I was wrong.  Coming to think of it, if I really listened to Dr. Olfindo and Ciara's dialogues, I should have really guessed it then.

I asked those who have seen this several times already, and they said they also did not guess it the first time they watched it.

There are many steamy scenes, but all done in good taste.  Even if they were just acting, you could feel the intensity of emotions...the thunder...the lightning...the storm.

The actors were very convincing and Mac Alejandre did a great job in directing.

Von De Guzman's original music along with George Benson's IN YOUR EYES brought up different emotions.

Even Frances Makil-Ignacio and Irene's cameos made big splashes. So did C.J. Javarata as Chelsea and Maricar De Mesa as Lisa.  The bit players did well too.

Discrimination comes in many forms and it's funny to be discriminated by someone whose ancestors were enslaved by the world dominators, but it's the harsh reality in life.

After seeing this movie I understood why the others want to keep on seeing this again.

Oh my goodness.

Since my list is getting longer I think it'll take time before I watch this again because thankfully I have other things to do.  ;-)  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)