Blue Car (2002)

Gifted 18-year-old Meg has been abandoned by her father and neglected by her hardworking mother. Left to care for her emotionally disturbed younger sister, her world begins to unravel. She finds an outlet in writing poetry and support from her English teacher, Mr. Auster. But what started out as a mentoring relationship begins to get a bit more complex.Written by Anonymous
From imdb

David Strathairn is not even a harmless crush, but he is one of my favourite actors.  So how do I differentiate?  A harmless crush is someone I am in awe with his talents and I am attracted to physically, but there's this acceptance of who is involved with him.  You see they are good together and are happy for them.  Being attracted to that crush physically means I not only find him handsome, but he's my type of guy(Having proof that he is also a good person, gives back to the community, loves his family, etc. are added factors), yet I am wide awake and I categorise myself as a fan.  Come on. If we fall in love with all our types, this would be a more chaotic world than it really is. Animals, those who live and act only with pure instinct, would be seemingly more humane than the homo sapiens.  They would be more behaved and the so-called humans would be more riotous.


David Strathairn is not bad too look at.  As a matter of fact, he is in the handsome category, but he's not my type.  He acts well and I could understand why as Mr. Auster, Megan, his very young student played by Agnes Bruckner, is attracted to him and eventually falls in love with him.


Agnes Bruckner portrays Meg like she's truly her alter ego in the state of schizophrenia or her other self in a parallel universe.  The way she acts is like she's this popular girl in a small town that people love to gossip about.  It's like she's a fish in a fish bowl.  Am I making any sense?

As the movie progresses you would wonder: Is Mr. Auster worthy of Meg's love and affection?  Are his motives pure or is he just taking advantage of her?  

Do watch the movie to find out.  
Mr. Auster A world emerges from little details. For example, when we buried my son, I had forgotten to put in my contact lenses. I stood over him before they closed the coffin, trying to fix him in my memory. I could see the red from his sweater and his blue pants, and there was a scab on his forehead that hadn't healed. It was from a bicycle accident. I could feel that scab when I kissed him, but when I looked at him... he was out of focus. (imdb)


Written and Directed by Karen Moncrieff

Starring: David Strathairn(Mr. Auster), Agnes Bruckner(Megan/Meg), Margaret Colin(Diane), A.J. Buckley(Pat),  Regan Arnold(Lily), Dustin Sterling(Rob) and Frances Fisher(Delia)---They ALL did justice to their roles.
Music by Adam Gorgoni

Meg "Lost leaves spin past the glass, but the trees don't go. They stay by my window." (imdb)

Kudos to everyone involved in this film

To the readers, thanks a lot for your time.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)