Unleashing Mr. Darcy (2016)

From Google Images
Modern day story of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice


Ever since I was a little girl I was a dog person, but now, even if I fight with the stray who adopted us named Tumbler and her gang...yes, she's a girl...she's pretty much the closest thing to a pet, but she's a cat and I'm NOT a cat person.

#TumblerTales

#inamponkaminiTumbler


My Bestie has been teasing me about this, but that's that.  The stories I've been telling of late via FB are #tumblertales. Even if some joggers see me scolding her from time to time, I reiterate, she's the closest thing to a pet nowadays.

Back to the story...

Unleashing Mr. Darcy, obviously, is a modern day version of Pride and Prejudice with a little side story of Queen Victoria and her pet, Dash.


"His attachment was without selfishness,
His playfulness without malice,
His fidelity without deceit,
READER, if you would live beloved and die regretted, profit by the example of DASH."-
When Dash died in 1840, he was buried in the grounds of Windsor Castle with the epitaph above. (From History of Royal Dogs)

The movie is very enjoyable and it was great to see familiar faces playing beloved and love to hate roles.
🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕
Just recently I wrote about a movie called NOT CINDERELLA'S TYPE and defended it from people who were saying that the dialogues were unnatural and the acting was a bit unrealistic.   Thankfully, even if they said those things about the acting, they love the story and think it is the best modern day Cinderella Story ever told.

Back to the acting and the comments of the viewers about Not Cinderella's Type...  I think that's my opinion of this movie.  Some of the dialogues were unreal, at least to me.  There's great chemistry between Cindy Busby and Ryan Paevey, believe you me, but there are moments that you would know you are watching a movie and that's not supposed to happen.  You are supposed to transported to their world and for a moment or the entire duration of the movie, you would feel like you are a part of the story or something.

True, I felt for Lizzy/Lizzie Scott because the rich were trying to manipulate her or scheme against her to get what they want plus there are many Lizzy Scotts in the world who are reverse snobs, but it still felt forced.

Even so, that strong chemistry mattered so I just sat back, relaxed and enjoyed the movie.

I am guessing that towards the end Bliss's owner would be disqualified... I wonder why.  Hmm...

I can imagine what Bliss would mutter if that was the case: "Humans!"  :-p

At any rate, I didn't really need to force myself into enjoying this movie.  Even if it is indeed loosely based on Pride and Prejudice, I still like it like it is a totally different movie.

Maybe it's not the best movie ever made, but it's still worth watching.

By the way, I still think Donovan was NOT impartial almost the whole time.

Hmm...

Is that fair?

:-p

Anyways, I think that's all I have to say.

Thanks for your time!  

Oh, but before you go, please do listen to and watch this video that made me appreciate the movie more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)