The Storyteller (2017)




The Love Of An Enchanted Young Girl Brings Wonder And Healing To A Broken Family. On The Run From Her Mysterious Past And Guided By A Fairy That Only She Can See, Abby Sparks A Daisy Chain Of Compassion, Bringing Joy And Music Back Into The Family. ‘The Storyteller’ Is A Powerful Exploration Of Reality And The True Meaning Of Family.-From the OFFICIAL WEBSITE



all images are from imdb


The storytelling is masterful and I must say that just like Peter Pan, Wendy, Tinkerbell et al, this story made me believe that I almost flew.

I'm exaggerating, of course.

The little girl who goes by the name of Abby is Brooklyn Rae Silzer, who, by the way, looks like my cousin, Kelly Lumanlan-Soriano when she was that age.  She made me fall in love with her that I wouldn't mind adopting someone her age and still love her as my own daughter or son.  Well, even long before meeting Abby, I did not mind taking someone under my wing and care for that someone as my own.  I have borrowed daughters, but it would be lovely to have someone who would call me mom in the true and legal sense of the word.  Abby made me long to have a child who needs love and affection more.  I am still praying about it until now.

I don't remember donating my eggs to research, but I dreamt several times that someone out there became a surrogate of my child or children.  Silly dream.

Music by Michael Reola
Written by Rachel Noll and Joe Crump
Directed by Joe Crump
Cassidy Mack, who plays Jen, is perfect for her role as someone who feels unloved and is grieving for the loss of the only person who loved her.

I think I get why Samantha Colburn was chosen to play Maggie.  Besides "delivering", she also had this charm that could transcend to higher heights, if she wanted to.  When she started to let go and lessen her guilt even just a bit, she became so beautiful that somebody like John Griffin longed for her more and wonder how long he would have to wait.

Speaking of John Griffin, James Snyder is perfect for the role, musically and visually.  He also acts well, plus that killer smile could melt anyone's heart.

Constance Towers has always been a true thespian and in this movie, she did not disappoint.  She's perfect as Rosemary.

Need I say more?




Constance Towers as Rosemary
Kristina Wagner as Doctor Gordon
Brooklyn Rae Silzer as Abby
Samantha Colburn as Maggie Stevens
James Snyder as John Griffin
Eden Espinosa as Carol
Cassidy Mack as Jen Stevens





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)