Accidentally in Love(2011) and Secret Summer (2016)

What do these two movies have in common that I chose to write about them in one blog entry?  There are children involved, both pairs(central characters) accidentally fall in love as they discover the real goodness of the other deep down inside, and the stories aren't too mushy. Other than those things, they are miles apart.

So what do I talk about first?

Hmm...

OK, I'll talk about ACCIDENTALLY IN LOVE a.k.a. Mulligan, ahead of the other.

An actor's dream role is snatched from him when he is involved in a car accident with a single mother. The part is promised to his friend, but will he be the winner when he becomes close to the woman and her daughter whose lives he nearly ruined?-WWW
Initial release12 February 2011

It's funny because when I accidentally watched this, I was trying to watch something else, but it wouldn't play.  I think the uploader used a pirated version of the movie, so it was like a mirror image or something.  I don't need that. I'm done with that ages ago when bootlegging was the "in thing".

When this started playing I was glad to find out Jennie Garth of 90210 fame was playing the role of Annie, Taylor's mom.  I was happier to find out that opposite her was Ethan Erickson of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  Ethan has this comforting aura, but he could also play an obnoxious ass...I mean bunny...like he was born to do it.

As a diabetic, I kind of know the feeling of a macular degeneration, although Taylor's case is different. She's almost totally blind, but you've gotta admire the kid because of her very positive disposition.

Taylor's grandma is played by Marilu Henner who was a household name because of her role as Elaine in Taxi.

The story revolves around the four of them, plus Mulligan's colleagues, agent, friend(the one who accidentally steals his dream role), Kenny, the child star who become Taylor's  friend, Kenny's mom, who is a pain in the ____, Graham and some others. Oh, and how could I forget that cosmetic surgeon who is obsessing over Annie?  :-p

🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰

It's bad to envy, but there are times I envy those women who already met a great love and then when that great love dies, she gets another chance at love with somebody great too.

Even if that's a cause for envy, that is also what I love about these types of movies.  Men are not narrow minded and sometimes having a lovable kid is even a plus factor to them.  

Annie's husband died of lukaemia, so as some viewers pointed out, maybe the husband left her the house with a pool and I said maybe that's the only thing he was able to leave them after the hospital expenses that is why she is trying to make ends meet.

☀☀☀
The movie as a whole is beautiful.  It's not perfect, but totally worth one's time.


Google images
A young author finds himself at odds with an accountant who has been sent to scrutinize his pet project. The situation gets more complicated when his niece and nephew drop by for a surprise vacation. -WWW
Between the two movies I could relate to this more and I like the mix of the old and new elements.  The kids were plus factors and I like the fact that they did not make the kids too bratty and all that.

A lot of people love this film...of course some still thought their times were wasted because we can't please everyone.  Like what I said earlier, like the other film I am blogging about "here", it is not mushy and that's a good thing.


🜚🜚🜚🜚🜚
I'm glad that they did not dwell on certain details of the story.  I am also glad that nothing made me regret watching this movie.   

The movie is kind of predictable, but not totally.  I wasn't able to guess why it was called SECRET SUMMER. Just a little before the ending it is sort of explained, rather shown, why.

💕💕💕
I think I'll end my blog entry now.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)