Summer Love(2016)

A struggling single mom becomes a summer intern at a tech company, and she feels like she doesnt fit in with her younger coworkers. However, both the CFO and CEO take a romantic interest in her.- imdb description 1

Director: Andrea Kfoury
Writers: Andrea Kfoury, Fred Samia

I am quite sure I watched the version below:

A widowed mom gets a summer internship at a tech company and draws the attention of two very different executives while learning about about accounting, app designs and finding love.-imdb description 2 (Well, she's a widowed mom in the movie that I watched)

Directed by 
Lynne Stopkewich

Writing Credits  
Dawn DeKeyser ... (written by) and
Sandra Berg ... (written by) &
Judith Berg

Google Images
Judging from this poster alone you would know who she would end up with


Idea stealers are everywhere.  I used to just give them away not knowing I wouldn't even be given credit for them.  I remember sometime in the past I did all the research and I was credited as TYPIST.  Typing is NOT even my best asset.  I talked with the teacher/professor, but all he said was that it was TOO LATE because the grades were already out. 

Whenever I think of it, I cry, but I charge it to experience.  That's why even here in blog universe I don't give everything away, even if it seems that I do.

SUMMER LOVE is not really the best title for this movie, but it's OK.  It's set in the summer and they did fall in love.

Idea stealing may be one of the oldest crimes in the world, but many get away with it, like murder, until this very day.

I've liked Rachael Leigh Cook since The Baby-Sitters Club(1995), where she starred alongside Larisa Oleynik, among others.  The next movie I saw her in was Tom and Huck(1995), where she played Becky Thatcher.  Then years after that ALL I WANNA DO(1998) alongside Kirsten Dunst, Gabbi Hoffman, Monica Keena and Heather Matarazzo was her transition into...well, it was a coming of age movie.  She and her friends kind of discovered things they never imagined to happen to them sooner, than later.  It was SHE'S ALL THAT(1999), for me, that got her noticed by more people that mattered.  Now, she's producing her own movies and honing her craft, even if some people comment that some of her movies are yawnfests.

Here, she plays Maya Sulliway, a thirty-five-year-old widowed mother, who is adored by her daughter and her best friend.  Since being alone was a little bit new to her, but she wanted to be productive, she went back to school.  One of the school's requirements is to attend an internship program and she was quite surprised that she was assigned to a company where she might not fit in.

People prejudged her as soon as she entered, thinking older people are more like conniving snakes or vixens than those who are still in their teens or early twenties.

Of course, she proves otherwise, but she learns the hard way that those never grow up are a-holes that shouldn't be trusted.

Thankfully, the young ones learn about it too.

How?

Watch the movie to find out.  It's available at Amazon.com




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)