Skyscraper (2018)


The link above describes that this movie is an original, but it has the elements of THE TOWERING INFERNO and the DIE HARD series rolled into one.

Wow.  What an action packed adventure.  It reminded me why I have selective acrophobia, but it was amazing to watch Dwayne Johnson be adrenalin driven because of his love for his family.   Yes, even the impossible and incredible things could be achieved because of love.  Good thing it was only the ninety-sixth(96th) floor he was trying to reach.  Sigh. Now I would never get a penthouse if the building is more than ten stories high.  :-p

🍿🍿🍿

This is definitely a popcorn movie.  Yes, The Rock wasn't really doing all the climbing, but he made it sooooo believable. Well, I can only speak for myself, I know, but it felt so real.

I know, I know.  Not everyone agrees with me, but try watching it from the second row of the Directors Club of an SM Supermall...it really felt real.

Yet, I must say, even if it felt real, I couldn't give it a five star rating even if I'm not a critic.


I only give it 3/5 and I gave this rating while watching the movie.  Later, I found out I was not the only one. Some even gave it a 2/5 rating.  At least it didn't get a one.

Why? Because even if it felt real while watching it, when the explanation of the terrorists wasn't so justifiable, even for those who are only making excuses, among other reasons, I felt shouting, "What? That's it? Nothing new?" Plus the fact minutes that after the movie I felt sick due to dizziness.

To be fair, even in real life people massacre people for the craziest reason like not returning a pencil. Argh.


Anyways, I guess that's about it.

Thanks for your time.

For technical, just check the links below.

#Love
#Family
#Determination
#ActionPacked
#TheRock
#NeveCampbell
#NgChinHan
#PabloSchreiber
#ByronMann




Former FBI Hostage Rescue Team leader and U.S. war veteran Will Sawyer now assesses security for skyscrapers. He's on assignment in China when he finds the tallest, safest building in the world suddenly ablaze, and he's been framed for it. A wanted man on the run, Will must find those responsible, clear his name and somehow rescue his family, which is trapped inside the building, above the fire line.-WWW
Initial release1 July 2018 (China)
Budget125 million USD


ROGER EBERT'S TEAM

'Skyscraper' and the Risk of Taking Things Too Seriously


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)