The Perfect Christmas Present (2017) a.k.a. Mr. Christmas


Tom Jacobs has built a business around helping clients find the perfect gift for their loved ones. When he's hired to find a gift for his friend's girlfriend, he finds himself in a bit of trouble as the more he researches her, the more he likes her.
Director: Blair Hayes
Feel free to wipe the smile off my face for I still have a hangover.

To say this is the best Christmas romantic love story ever might be an exaggeration of sorts, but it is definitely one of the best.

There are no real antagonists here, and even if I know that this story is about Tom(Samuel Page) and Jenny(Tara Holt), there were many things that I didn't expect to happen or I guessed it wrongly.

I did guess some of the other things that happened in the movie right, but it didn't take the excitement away.

Samuel Page and Tara Holt look so good together on screen.  The chemistry cannot be denied, and they both act naturally. They are beautiful together.

If I didn't know better, I would think they are a real couple, but I do know that Samuel Page, a Princeton University Alumnus, has been married to Cassidy Boesch since 2014, and they have one child.

Did this story come close to home? Yes.  It surely did in so many ways.

Maybe I could share about one thing:

When I was in a certain country, a person got so mad at me because I didn't tell that person that I'm a linguaphile and a frustrated polyglot.  I acted like that I didn't understand what he and his friends were saying.  He found out by accident.  He is not speaking to me until now.  He was not saying anything bad, but he felt violated.  Duh?!?  Wasn't I supposed to be the one to feel bad?  It's rude not to explain to people within earshot what you are talking about when you are using your vernacular.  There's nothing wrong if that's the language you are comfortable with, but at least explain the gist, lest you are really talking about them.

Anyways, I'm digressing...again! 

I could relate to more scenes, but the others are too private to share.

The long and short of it, I really like this film a lot and I'm sure many would agree with me, if not all.


😼😼😼

Thanks a lot for your time.


Cast from imdb:
Sam Page...Tom Jacobs
Tara Holt...Jenny Stone
Ta'Rhonda Jones...Meg
Emily Peterson...Victoria Stolle
Stacia Crawford...Rosie
Phillip Edward Van Lear...Sam
Sam Guinan-Nyhart...Paul Welch
Rafaela Ochoa...Piano Player
Dan Brown...Lewis
Richard Butts...Cafe Patron
Nicholas Lindblad...Matthew
Michael Haverty...Music box dancer
Connie Hollins...Fundraiser Attendee
Clarence E. Davis...Fundraiser Attendee
Sharon Kluge...Edith

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)