Missing MY KOREAN JAGIYA and its ilk/Sana Dalawa Ang Puso/Asintado/TheCure


Original title 한국인 자기야
Genre
#Comedy
#Drama
#Romance
Created by Jonathan Cruz
Written by
Denoy Navarro-Punio
Ken de Leon
Marlon Miguel
Christine Novicio
Directed by Mark A. Reyes V
Creative director: Roy C. Iglesias
Starring
Heart Evangelista
Alexander Lee Eusebio
Theme music composer Janno Gibbs
Opening theme "My Jagiya" by Janno Gibbs and Denise Barbacena
Country of origin Philippines

MY KOREAN JAGIYA was one of the best local TV series ever.  It did have some conflict, but it was balanced, and it wasn't scary at all, even if there were some scenes that could be considered scary, if you think about it too much.  I miss the show so much because it makes people happy.  The characters have problems, cultural differences, et cetera, like normal people, but there's a little laughter here and there, to make the viewers day.

I had separation anxiety when it ended that it took me a while before I watched #Totga.  I got over it, so I started watching it, and loved it.    Unfortunately, towards the end, it was like super morbid.  What happened?  Why?  Why? Why?  It's a good thing that it still had a good ending, but it was an ordeal to watch the characters suffer because of those people.  

Anyways, ALL networks should make light stories once in a while.  Not to escape reality, but to lighten the heavy load we all feel from to time.

ABS-CBN, 11:30 AM, before IT'S SHOWTIME
Written by
Generiza Francisco
Ceres Helga Barrios
Directed by
Rory B. Quintos
Mae Czarina Cruz-Alviar
Nuel C. Naval
Dado C. Lumibao
Frasco Santos Mortiz
Julius Ruslin Alfonso
Genre/Theme/Premise
#Drama
#Romance
#Comedy
#Murder
#Mystery
#Action
#Espionage
#Drugs
#Crime
#Smuggling
#CorporateWorld
#FairyTaleLoveStory
#SeparatedFromBiologicalFamily
#BloodIsNotAlwaysThickerThanWater
Nowadays my favourite telenovela is SANA DALAWA ANG PUSO, because of Mona's bright personality and positive attitude.  Although I also like Robin Padilla, there's something about Mona and Martin that brings out the kilig factor, most especially when Martin admitted to Mona that it has always been her...that he loves her.

I know that without conflict, any story won't be interesting, but just when I thought they were veering away from the Mafia type of scenes, they just had to bring Mr. Supapi back.

Yes, Leo Tabayoyong is a covert operations agent, but to scare people before they even eat lunch is too much.  Thankfully, it's not as scary as its predecessor...

Why magnify evil?  Evil is real.  This is not a safe world anymore, I know.  Crimes could be mentioned, but...

Well, what do I know?  They have very good writers and directors...maybe the time slot is wrong. I really don't know.

In any case, it's still my current favourite show, and I'm just thankful that there's I Want TV if I don't catch it on time.  

MY GUESSES:

Mona is NOT Lisa's twin sister.  Pangs and Mangs were there when Mona was born, so they know that Mona does not have a twin.  They could still be sisters, and their mom, Cynthia a.k.a. Sandra, who probably had facial reconstruction or something, is(hopefully I'm wrong about this) the head of the mafia type group who smuggled the red diamonds...I remember that Jason Peter Chua was talking to the big boss, and that big boss was female that has the same hair as Irma Adlawan.  Mona's necklace has those red jewels too, so...

Anyways, I was thinking, Mona could be a younger sister.  Cynthia left when Lisa was a baby.  She could've been pregnant without Juancho knowing it.  Maybe Cynthia married someone from the Triad or something.  She is still a good person, but she had to earn her keep so...  Yikes I am even making the plot scarier with what I was about to say...I better stop now.

ASINTADO


ABS-CBN, 3:30 PM

   Genre
#Action
#Thriller
#Political drama
Created by
Rondel P. Lindayag
Developed by
Julie Anne R. Benitez
Erick C. Salud
Written by
Danica Mae S. Domingo
David Franche Diuco
Hazel Karyl Rabasio-Madanguit
Randy Villanueva
Adrelle Emil Alfonso
Maren Kyle Loreño
Directed by
Onat A. Diaz
Lino S. Cayetano
Jojo A. Saguin
Trina N. Dayrit
Jerome C. Pobocan
Jon S. Villarin
Starring
Julia Montes
Shaina Magdayao
Paulo Avelino
Aljur Abrenica
Nonie Buencamino
Lorna Tolentino
Gloria Sevilla
Ryle Santiago
Karen Reyes
Louise Delos Reyes
and Agot Isidro

My second favourite show is ASINTADO.  It may have its flaws(like removing surgical masks in a sterile room, etc.), but all in all, it's a pretty enjoyable show, even if it does prove that evil is trying to reign in the whole world, the whole universe even...OK, it only proves that evil is rampant at least in this country, but at least it also shows that crime does not pay.

I was about to stop watching it if something bad happened to Samantha with that guy from the bar like how I stopped watching BLOOD SISTERS, because deep down inside, there is still goodness in Samantha's heart.

What about Salvador?  Should he have a redeeming factor?

Yes, please!  He really loves Hilary, but he wants his cake and eat it too by having Miranda by his side.  


THE CURE


Google Images
GMA 7, After 24 Oras
Genre
#Action
#Drama
#Science Fiction
#Thriller
Created by Dode Cruz
Written by
Dode Cruz
Luningning Ribay
Glaiza Ramirez
Lobert Villela
Directed by Mark A. Reyes
Creative director Roy Iglesias
Starring
Jennylyn Mercado
Tom Rodriguez
Jaclyn Jose
Leeanne Bautista
LJ Reyes
Mark Herras
Ronnie Henares
Arra San Agustin
Ken Chan
Diva Montelaba
Jay Manalo et al
Country of origin Philippines

#NOTABOUTZOMBIES
#MONKEYVIRUSDISEASEOUTBREAK

People were pretty psyched about this even before it aired for the first time.  Although it is pretty dystopian, it still has hope that everything will be back to its original state, or even better, once Dra. Evangeline Lazaro and her team would finally find the cure.  Or would the cure come from the SALVADORS(saviours) because they are gregarious, charitable and hopeful?

So there.  I'm only watching three(3) local dramas regularly.

I sort of stopped watching KAMBAL KARIBAL.  I still take a peek once in a while, but most of the time the dialogues, especially the ones uttered by Geraldine, don't make sense at all like, "Hindi mo siya anak...kaluluwa ng anak ko ang nasa katawan niya kaya di siya si Cheska...siya si Criselle."(Not verbatim)  It's so silly.  She just solidified Maricar(Sunshine Dizon)'s claim and made herself seem like she needs to be admitted to a mental facility or something, even if she's stating the truth, and nothing but...


I love the theme song
Anyways, my preferences might change sometime soon, but as of now, those three dramas are the only ones interesting for me, and I can only speak for myself.

Thanks for your time.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)