Wedding March 2: Resorting to Love (2017)

Former sweethearts Olivia and Mick are now running a wedding resort after unexpectedly reuniting. As they work together in their new venture, they soon realize that although their business relationship is flawed, there may be romance on the horizon.

Directed by 
David Weaver

Written by  
Neal H. Dobrofsky and
Tippi Dobrofsky


The central characters' actors are not strangers to me. A couple of decades ago I was glued to the screen whenever MELROSE PLACE, a drama which had characters that were my age back then, was playing, and two of the most intriguing characters there were Dr. Peter Burns(Jack Wagner) and Jane Andrews(Josie Bissett).  Jane was formerly married to Dr. Peter Burns' associate, Dr. Michael Mancini.  I remember a lot of girls and ladies imitating Josie Bissett's fashion sense and hair style back then.  Yes, she was very influential indeed. I remember that I checked Melrose Avenue once or twice in the 1990s.  I know they weren't there, but... ;-) 

Here at WEDDING MARCH 2: Resorting to Love, Bissett and Wagner play each other's first love, Mick and Olivia, but they went on their separate ways, they each have a daughter with different spouses. I have yet to see WEDDING MARCH to understand better what happened during their first meeting after being apart for two decades, which I would do before going out tomorrow, but this is pretty much a stand alone made for TV movie.

The story may be very much Mick and Olivia's, but we mustn't forget that it is also the story of the Bride, Corinne(Tara Wilson), and the Bridegroom, Chris(Aren Buchholz).

The backdrop of the story in the inn by the lake.  The place is glorious, but business is being killed by the wedding venue that hosts six weddings a day.  When a computer glitch cancels the wedding of day reservation of Corinne and Chris, Olivia takes advantage of the situation to sell the idea of the two having their wedding at the lakeside inn instead.

A side story, which I think would be the topic of Wedding March 4, because I'm thinking Wedding March 3 would be Mick and Olivia's story, is about Julie(Sarah Grey) and Wyatt(Mitch Ainley).  Wyatt is Julie's boyfriend, and Mick is not so ecstatic about his daughter having a boyfriend.

I like this story because it reminds us what's important.  It's not the lavishness of it all.  As Corinne's sister, Lisa(Sarah Edmonson), points out, there is no such thing as a perfect wedding.  A wedding is just a day, and what matters is the marriage built on love.

Also in this movie is Aaron Pearl, also one of the favourites from the mid 1990s, who plays Duke, the chef, the drummer, and the best friend of Mick, who is there for him through hell and high water.  

I guess that's it.  I'm sleepy. I'll probably publish this minutes before watching Wedding March. 

Thanks a lot for your time.  



The 3rd installment:
The 4th installment with summaries of the first three:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)