These blog entries are MOSTLY just how I felt after watching the play, musical, concert or TV show, a product I like or things I have read. If I have not at least one good thing to say, then you wouldn't see anything written about it here. Oh, btw, I would seldom(not never) write about blockbusters even if I love them starting today(26 June 2019) just because. :-)
Country Remedy (2007) a.k.a. THE SIMPLE THINGS
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
Google Images
Dr. Evan Gibbs (Cameron Bancroft) wants to become Head of Pediatrics at a top Chicago hospital and agrees to spend a summer building a clinic in a remote town in the mountains of North Carolina. He clashes with the set ways of the community while trying to cope with the loss of his wife, and tries to reconnect with his young son (Aidan Mitchell).
The movie is inspired by this book about the life and times of Paediatrician, Dr. Olson Huff
This song sums up the movie...something like that
There is a woman. There is a man. They meet. Is this their love story? Well, I don't know what the future would bring, but this movie is more about grieving, coping, the fear of the unknown, friendships, adjusting, family life, and healing. It really wouldn't be right if the story focuses on the two of them, but there were sweet moments between them.
It's too soon for the guy anyway. His wife had just died and it's not right for him to get back in the saddle again.
The story, just like the alternate title, is about the simple things. Dr. Gibbs came from the big Windy City of Chicago and life in the very quaint North Carolina town is a bit of a shock for him, but he and his son learn how to appreciate a town like that.
Nate also meets new friends, but it wasn't easy at first. Hanging out with them made him love adventure, and again, the simple things.
It also took time for the townsfolk to accept him. They don't believe in doctors too much. They think they won't need him, but later on they would find out they do.
Sure, not everyone could be saved, because Doctors are merely instruments of God and not gods themselves, but he was able to open their eyes because they opened his eyes first.
From Pep.ph Sigh. I have separation anxiety #sepanx with this series that I have grown to love. It had its off days, but MOST of the time, the scenes are exciting, putting me to the edge of my seat, giving me cheap thrills, or making me laugh. There are times when I get traumatized by a scene or two, that I have to play the piano first before doing my research or anything else...or for me to have happy thoughts before sleeping. That's how effective the script and execution are. Or else, why should it be so real to me when I know that it is only a work of fiction? It's not really advisable for people who have PTSD to watch this, according to my friends who tried watching this, but couldn't because it was so convincing that they had to undergo cleansing rituals so-to-speak before becoming OK. If the very supposedly harmless COCOON could do that to people with mental health issues, then I guess something like this that is so...
source Elzar "Dodjie" Simon is not really a stranger to me. He was my brother's boss in ATI, and he was one of the many invited guests who was able to celebrate with us during my brother and sister-in-law's wedding in 1998. My brother only has praises for him. I was excited to meet him again last 14 July 2016, but it coincided with CURTAINS UP , so I just joined my family in Spirit. A.I. HACKED The book has been receiving rave reviews ever since it was launched so when I saw on the author's FB page that he was having a book signing event at Fully Booked's The Studio at 11th Street, BGC, I was psyched. A few days after I learned about it my brother announced that we were going, and he has already ordered one paperback and one hardbound. I thought one was mine, but it turned out it was for my dad, but it's OK. My parents live with me, and my dad read books one-by-one, and now he is still reading my former Pastor(Richard Mirpuri)'s Glimp...
Introduction that you may skip: Learning about this movie made me pretty excited to watch it. It had a different concept, and I was prepared to cry a lot. I was told that for me not to shed tears in a movie, I should really be armed with lots of tissues. Dang. Even with all the preparations, I still cried. You see, my maternal grandmother was deaf, and she could only hear us with a hearing aid. Since I was little I was scared of being deaf, so I prepared for "it" with the hope by preparing I won't ever go deaf. I served in the Deaf Ministry for a couple of years, but when my mom and I started fighting because of the things she misinterpreted, I told myself I should stop serving because it would make me look like a hypocrite, even if I am not. I do miss them a lot, but I would rather serve in different ways. ISA PA WITH FEELINGS source Watching this with my partially deaf mother, and my dad, who is hard of hearing because of his med...
Comments
Post a Comment