Christmas Encore(2017)

Following years of bit parts and near-misses, aspiring New York actress Charlotte Lacy, is about to throw in the towel and move to Chicago to take a real job when she lands the lead in a new production of A Christmas Carol. She nails the part and finds unexpected romance with her director, TV star Julian Walker, along with a renewed passion for her craft and the city. But when the historic theater loses its lease and the show is set to fold before it even opens, Charlotte and her cast mates find themselves in need of a Christmas miracle. Starring Maggie Lawson and Brennan Elliott.-THE HALLMARK CHANNEL


Kinikilig ako! Kinikilig ako! That's the effect the movie has on me.  At first I was saying, "Maggie Lawson is beautiful, but her voice is too squeaky."  A few minutes later, I like her already.

Then when the leading man entered the scene I said to myself, "Why him?" Then I saw and felt the magic when the two of them were together.  It made me wonder if they were really a couple, so I checked.  Brennan Elliot has been married to Cami Elliot since 2011.  As for Maggie Lawson, she used to be married to Ben Koldyke for two years then she dated James Roday.  Wow.  Then that only meant that they really could act.

My problem was Charlotte's audition for the role of Erlinda Scrooge.  I just didn't see "it", but what do I know? Then the ending of the contemporary version of A CHRISTMAS CAROL was so, so.

Well, it's OK.  I think it's safe to think that every great thing that happened in that Christmas play happened in the middle.  What's important is seeing the whole picture...the whole movie...in toto I felt the Christmas Spirit in July.

Well, that's just me.

I am still having cheap thrills(the closest translation I could think of for kinikilig ako) and I couldn't contain the joy I am feeling.

:-)

Thanks a bunch for your time, dear reader.  I guess I better end this entry now.

Director: Bradley Walsh

Writers: Mark Amato and Jennifer Notas Shapiro

CAST FROM IMDB:

Cast overview, first billed only:
Maggie Lawson...Charlotte Lacy
Brennan Elliott...Julian Walker
Art Hindle...Sid
Tracey Hoyt...Franny Forman
Mercedes de la Zerda...Naomi
Mika Amonsen...Brady
Sherry Miller...Trish Lacy
Sabryn Rock...Rachel Plummer
David Tompa...Gary
Erin Agostino...Morgan
Bea Santos...Liz
Joy Tanner...Sandy
Murray Furrow...Dennis Yates
Marie Dame...Ellen Lambert
Mélanie St-Pierre...Samantha Cross

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)