Karen Kingsbury's A TIME TO DANCE (2016)


A Time to Dance follows the bittersweet story of longtime couple John and Abby, whose separation is postponed when they find out their daughter is getting married. Determined not to spoil their daughter's big moment, they secretly put their plans on hold only to have the wedding planning process draw them back together.-imdb

Director: Mike Rohl
Writers: Karen Kingsbury (novel), John Wierick (teleplay by)

Jennie Garth as Abby Reynolds
Dan Payne as John Reynolds
Corbin Bernsen as Pops
Fiona Vroom as Beth
Andrew Jenkins as Matt
James Rittinger as Kade Reynolds (as James R. Swalm)
Chanelle Peloso as Nicole Reynolds
Markian Tarasiuk as Young John
Jay Hindle as Sam Taylor
Mackenzie Mowat as Young Abby
Ona Grauer as Charlene

If a marriage still has a chance to be saved, please do your best to save it with all your might, soul, strength...with everything you've got.  Marriage is sacred.  It may not seem like it now, but before you two got married, you were so in love, against all odds. You have to remember the whys and the hows...the because...the little things.

No marriage is perfect.  Even if yours is a bed of roses, there would be lots of thorns.

I think I like UPTv movies more than I do HALLMARK, PIXl and LIFETIME.  Although I love a lot of H, P, and L movies, not all their movies are centred on God, and there were lots of the stories were one or two of the central characters are in boring relationships that they want to know if there's something better for them.

Inculcating your viewers to have that mindset is wrong.  Fun is not constant.  There are ups, downs, plateaus, valleys, et cetera.  Those things make life beautiful. There'll be lots of hurdles on those plains...pot holes on the road...craters, even....

We just have to jump those hurdles, pave the the roads...mend what has to be mended...

The people we choose as confidantes should be well chosen too.  If that person is of the opposite sex, please be clear to that other person that he or she is a friend that you value, but you won't ever go to the next level with them, lest they, your spouse that you still love and your confidante, misunderstand.   Oh, we do not want that to happen.


The movie was based on this novel by Karen Kingsbury.  Ms. Kingsbury writes beautiful stories that not only touches the hearts of the readers, but their souls too.

The Eagles play a big role in this movie

Bald eagles are solitary, but monogamous animals. Although they spend winters and migrations alone, bald eagles maintain the same breeding pair year after year. A mated eagle pair finds a nesting site and produces offspring each year.

Not only that...those who soar like eagles RENEW their strength.

So when a marriage goes south, find your true north in each other.

I know, I know.  If a marriage is abusive or did not have love as the foundation, are different cases altogether.  I must reiterate that IF there's an iota of an chance that it could be fixed, fix it.  Never look back.  Flee away from temptation.  If you can't resist it on your own, pray, go to a counsellor or something... The Holy Spirit is the as the Paraclete is the best to approach.

I'm not trying to preach here.  I have no right whatsoever, but I am a spinster who became confidantes of certain guys before.  I was on the other side of the rope.  I did not tell those guys that I was just there to listen.  They thought I was theirs for the taking.  They are still so mad at me...called me lots of names, including being a tease, when all I wanted to do was to help.  Thank goodness most of them fixed what was broken.  Haist.  Why do people think that when you are still single at this age that you are so desperate to cling to just anybody?  Hey.  I did not wait this long just to be a mistress or to be a cause of divorce or separation.  I'm not even a bandaid for you to discard once the wound heals.  Even if you are not married, as long you are in a relationship, you are off limits, and I won't want to have anything to do with you romantically.  Don't you even try to dare me.

Vade retro satana!

At this point in my life only equally single, newly single or widowers are allowed to occupy my heart, but you have to let me know. I promise never ever to assume again.  Ever.  It has to be clear. It has to come from you. If you won't tell me, I'll just think you are just being nice to me and nothing more.  

I am too old for games of the heart and mind. If you are just there to have some fun, stay away from me.  I can be a friend of the opposite sex, but if you have other plans, bug off. 

Vade retro satana!


Yes.  I am reminding myself that I chose to tread the narrow road.  Yes, it's suffocating at times, but the journey is very rewarding.  The destination is glorious.


💒

If you've got the chance, do check the movie out.

Thanks a bunch for your precious time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)