Appetite For Love (2016)

Director: David MacKay
Screenplay: Damon Hill
Mina(Taylor Cole) has everything going for her -- a boyfriend(Marcus Rosner) who has meticulously planned out their lives and a great job with International Corporate Brands. But her world is turned upside down when work sends her to her hometown in Tennessee where she must convince an old, stubborn restaurant owner to sell his property. There is just one problem – the restaurant is now owned by her ex-boyfriend, Clay(Andrew Walker), who claims he will never sell. He resists her negotiations every step of the way, and all the while sparks fly.- The Hallmark Channel

ANDREW WALKER may not be a crush of mine, but he sure is one of my faves.  He has this comforting face that is so good to look at, and he could make any leading lady get lost in his eyes.  Here, as Clay, he is so lovable, that it is pretty understandable why Wilhelmina is so confused about her feelings. 

I know, I know I should stop watching, at least for a while, these Hallmark TV movies, but I can't help it.  It sort of removes me from a blank state of mind, but unfortunately, it confuses my mind more.

In this triangle...quadrangle, rather... I am just thankful  that the current beau is not someone who is boring or allergic to everything.  Boring is not always bad.  You cannot be fun or exciting all the time.  Plus, if a person is allergic to food and stuff, does that make him or her less of a person?  I'm allergic to a lot of stuff, most especially chicken, shrimp and pollen.  Does that make me less of a person? Does that make me unworthy to love?  To fight for?

MARCUS ROSNER does get good roles, but as I watched him play the obnoxious, power tripping, money hoarding Reed, I think he is, more often than not, typecast for that kind of character...kind of person he usually portrays.  If that's redundant, then I guess the carrier pigeon has delivered the message successfully to its recipient.

TAYLOR COLE is very beautiful, whether she a blonde, a brunette, a redhead or whatever.  She can act.  Maybe not in an award winning manner, only because there's no call for the role she's playing, perhaps, to give a stellar performance or something. As Willie/Mina, she was able to convey to us that she just wanted to know if the grass is really greener on the other side of the fence.  Her hometown was too laid back for her go-getter personality that she wanted a change of environment.  Since the rest of her family, except for one, has been uprooted, she never wanted to go back there ever.  Unfortunately, duty calls. When she arrives there, she becomes conflicted as ever, but because of pride, she pretends to not care and just does her job.

ALLEY MILLS is one of my favourite TV moms ever, but here she plays Willie/Mina's Auntie Talulah.  She still has that very kind and caring face that could be fierce if she wanted to.  

Alright, alright.  I won't make a long roll call anymore.  All I can say is that I know towns like this exist in real life.  There is nothing like the goodness of real food.  Hey, we are lucky we are not in outer space that we need to rely on space capsules to survive.  As long as we are here on earth, real food is the way to go.  The more organic, the better.  It's also more environment friendly that way.

You may question the plastic bottles showed in this movie.  Well, I think they are either reusable or at the very least recyclable. So there.

I guess I should stop babbling now.

Thanks for your time.

Cast from imdb:

Cast overview, first billed only:
Taylor Cole...Mina Jones
Andrew W. Walker...Clay Hart
Alley Mills...Talulah Jones
Marcus Rosner...Reed
Robert Moloney...Deacon
Fiona Vroom...Penny Laterner
Morgan Taylor Campbell...Zoe
Jenn Griffin...Grace
Antonio Cayonne...Lucien
Kate Crutchlow...Paisley
Michael Kopsa...Larry Mitchell
Peter Hanlon...Lewis
Christina Jastrzembska...Maisie
Ben Wilkinson...Vice President (as Benjamin Wilkinson)
Jason Simpson...Trucker


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)