Horse Camp (2015)

Google Images

If you have been reading my stuff I guess you would know by now how much I love watching movies with horses.  Whether it's about Zorro, The Lone Ranger, Flicka or whatever movies or TV shows with equines with it, I usually love it, with some exceptions, of course.  If you're wondering if I'm an equestrienne, I am far from it.  I have no form whatsoever when riding, and the last time I rode was ages ago, so it's not because I could relate to it, but because horses are beautiful creatures, and I love watching them.

Source
Add to that the presence of Dean Cain as Cathy's dad.  As I've mentioned before, I had an unhealthy crush on Dean Cain when he was Clark Kent/Superman.  Thank goodness, I'm way past that foolishness already, and my crushes with people from showbiz or any industry are now just very, very, very harmless.

Horse Camp hits a lot of soft spots and pulls a lot of heartstrings.  Sometimes we get what we wish for, but we forget who helped us achieve that wish. 

During my Freshman Year in High School there was this girl who was the heiress of a province based bus line who was very nice to me.  We really hit it off, but when the people who mattered started noticing me, I dropped her like a hot potato.  The following year, she was nowhere to be found.  I wonder if I had anything to do with it.  I hope not.
From Jordan Trovillion's Facebook Page




Cathy(Jordan Trovillion) hated the way she looks. Her self-esteem was down to drain too many seasons ago. Sometimes she feels invisible even to her parents because they argue in front of her as if she weren't there.

Her parents are just over protective, that's all.  Thankfully, they allowed her to join the Horse Camp at The Black River Farm and Ranch.

The Official Website

In the camp she meets Liza(Rachel Sowers), a girl who has all the aspects of a true best friend.  She helped boost her self esteem by teaching her how to apply the proper makeup to enhance her beauty, giving her pep talks, and she even purchased new tops for her.  The problem is, when she finally got noticed, she became even meaner than the meanest girl in camp, even dropping like a hot potato the best friend anyone would wish for.

No matter how idealistic you are, and even if you were brought up right, sometimes, when you get what you wish for, you forget how got it in the first place.  You start forgetting what matters then start becoming an airhead, even if you promised the universe that you'd never be like that.

ABOUT CAMP

The Black River Farm and Ranch is a real place where little girls and teenagers have the best summer of their lives.  If I knew about this back then, I would have nudged my Dada to let me enjoy my summer then.  I probably would have been an equestrienne, yada, yada, yada.

This story may be true or not, but it is very relatable.

Why Girls Love Horses


You might say the story is a bit cliché-ish, but hey, if people could relate to Sci-fi and fantasy flicks, then one could relate to stories like this one.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)