Love meet Hope (2016)

Morgan means Defender of the Sea
"The world was made round so that if two people who are meant to be together should choose to take different paths in life, they would wrap around and end up right back to each other to meet again, regardless of circumstance." Love Meet Hope follows two characters: Morgan, a recent divorcée who is attending the memorial of his grandmother, and a young woman who works at the bakery Morgan frequents. While Morgan is mourning his failed marriage, and Morgan's grandfather mourns the death of his adored wife, the young woman mourns the fact that love seems an ever-elusive fairytale to her. While at his grandmother's memorial, Morgan encounters a book entitled "Love Meet Hope", containing a series of love stories that his grandfather wrote for his grandmother. The stories are all imaginative and fantastical versions of how his grandfather and grandmother had fallen in love. Each chapter of the book focuses on a distinct element of love, but maintains the central theme of hope. Ultimately...Written by Love Meet Hope

Directed by 
Bennie Woodell
Writing Credits (in alphabetical order)  
Bradley Fowler
Amanda Markowitz
Both writers are also the central characters along with the great Edward Asner
Bennie Woodell ... (script revisions)
Music by 
Michael A. Levine

LOVE MEET HOPE is a critically acclaimed and award winning movie written by the central characters with some script revisions by the director.

There were some silly scenes, but for me, but it's actually a very great movie.

It showcases the versatility of all the main characters as they portray different roles Morgan Sr. has written.

I particularly enjoyed the action scenes of Amanda Markowitz when Hope was saving Morgan from the kidnappers. Her kicks looked natural and graceful at the same time.

I have seen movies acted, directed, written and produced by the same people, local and foreign alike, but not as good as this one(Love Meet Hope is produced, written and acted by the same people...they claim it's low budgeted, but high quality, and I agree with the producers/actors/writers).  Bradley Fowler was very brave to wear a Barbarian Warrior's costume with his tummy out, but he still looked good.


Since the actors are very versatile, I really hope we could see them act mainstream.  They are all good.  If I am not mistaken, but probably I am, only ED ASNER is the mainstream actor here.  By watching them, I think I am wrong. 

This movie is well-acted and well-directed, including the silly parts.

The story means so much to me because right now, there is a familiar stranger I see every week that I hope to see again today.  I am actually ill right now, but I feel a tad better.

The last time I felt like this, it was mutual.  We eventually met, but I left.  Several years again we saw each other. He was already married to a wonderful person.  If I didn't leave, it would have been us, I know.  He is not my TOTGA(The one that got away) who married a schoolmate of mine...he too is actually better off with her, not that I am putting myself down.  I am very happy for my TOTGA, and I am also happy for him.  In his case, I was his TOTGA.  Yes, I was.  Now, he doesn't regret a thing, and I am really happy for him too.

Sigh.

I really hope the familiar stranger I am talking about would do more than clear his throat.  Smiles are not enough. I hope he becomes brave enough even though my family's with me. CBFF says I should say hi, but I am hoping it would be more than a simple hello(and I am doubt my story would ever be like SAME TIME NEXT YEAR---yikes, I am hearing Johnny Mathis' voice in my head---I think not, because of where I see this familiar stranger---I HOPE not).  😜


CAST FROM IMDB
Amanda Markowitz...Hope, the cupcake cafe owner
Bradley Fowler...Morgan III
Edward Asner...Mr. James
Peter Mackenzie...Todd
Tim Joyce...Junior
Ken Garr...Tim
Victoria Matlock...Joy, Hope's sister and biz partner
Cassandra Federman...Marie
Eileen Vorbach...Suzee
Josh Braaten...Aaron
Carl Petersen...Davy
Mimi Cozzens...Mrs. James
David Haverty...Barry
Rhoda Pell...Darlene
Nikki McKenzie...Sharon
Trent Tackbary...Sam
Lauren Compton...Pam (as Lauren Elise)
Tim Powell...Rob

THANKS A BUNCH FOR YOUR TIME!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)