Love Under The Stars (2015)

Google images

Written by Erik Patterson and Jessica Scott

With a little help from a young girl and a widower, a 30-something woman finally grows up and takes on the real world.-WWW
Initial release16 August 2015
A precocious little girl locked inside a castle of sadness, a widower who lost the love of his life to the clouds above, and a Brooke Shields lookalike stumped Psychologist wannabe who has not let go of her childhood and so much more to cope with grief, help each other to let go, and for one of them to eventually grow up.

Becca, our central character, never had a serious relationship.  She gives her relationships a six-month deadline.  As a matter of fact, as her closest friend Amber knows, she has just broken up with her latest beau, Jacob.  She was lost in the labyrinth of indecisions until she met Emily and her handsome father, Nate.  

They hit it off in almost an instant and everything goes smoothly until something I predicted happened.  If you watch this, I bet you would predict that too.  I was actually waiting for it to happen, because I know that it would get solved somehow, but there's more to it than meets the eye.

This movie is about second chances, self-discovery, relationships, and finally finding the love of your life for the first time, and for the second time.  

LILY JAEDA MILLER, is so perfect as Emily.  I could feel every emotion Emily felt through her. I hope she continues to hone her craft so that she could be a big star someday. 

WES BROWN, who is not a stranger to me because I've seen his other work before, besides being so handsome, is a good actor too.  He was able to bring life to Nate, the good father who only wants what is best for his daughter, and he was able to convey to us how delighted he was when he met Becca.  He was surely glad she wasn't nine.  ;-)

ASHLEY NEWBROUGH is the spitting image of Brooke Shields.  She is beautiful, charming and all that.  I don't know how childlike she is in person, but she surely was Becca to me.

Together, all three, even at their first playdate, they already looked like a pseudo-family, then as their relationship grew deeper, they looked like a real family made in heaven.  

BARRY BOSTWICK, a man whom I met in the 1970s, is like a guardian angel or a fairy godfather to Becca.  His role is very vital to the three of them. He, by the way, did a good job.

Well, I hope more people get to watch this one.  It surely gave me the lift I wanted so I am publishing this immediately after viewing.  Lately, I've been publishing things I've shelved for quite sometime, but this movie is to precious to me, not that the other beautiful ones...

Anyways, as I was saying, this movie is to precious for me not to share at once.

Kudos to everyone involved in this film!

Thanks a bunch for your time dear reader.

All the best!

Credited cast from imdb:
Ashley Newbrough...Becca
Rest of cast listed alphabetically:
Barry Bostwick...Walt
Wes Brown...Nate
Jessica Harmon...Amy
Sylvain Harty...Background
Jaeda Lily Miller...Emily
Juliana Monk...Jen
Blythe Morrison...Margaret
Lily Pater...Background
Trent Pryor...University staff
Qaeeza Ramji...Alicia
Chelan Simmons...Amber
Tom Tasse...Chuck

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)