Christmas With Holly(2012)


Traumatized by her mother's death, a 6-year-old girl stops talking but is cared for by her three uncles. The story unfolds as all of them find the importance of family.
Initial release: 9 December 2012
Director: Allan Arkush
Music composed by: Nathan Wang
Producer: Andrew Gottlieb
Cinematography: Charles Minsky

Based on Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa Kleypas
Written by Pnenah Goldstein
Directed by Allan Arkush

Starring
Sean Faris as Mark Nagle
Eloise Mumford as Maggie Conway
Josie and Lucy Gallina as Holly Nagle
Daniel Eric Gold as Alex Nagle
Dana Watkins as Scott Nagle
Catherine Bérubé as Kate Conway
Alex Paxton-Beesley as Shelby

Theme music composer Nathan Wang

People say the movie is better than the book.  My gees,  that happens very rarely, and to think that this is a best seller and the author was compared to Marian Keyes and Cecilia Ahern.  After watching the movie I am inclined to think they are right.  I have yet to read the book to prove it.

The movie is so beautiful in so many ways.  There were some misinterpretations and misunderstandings along the way, but they were cleared.  I'm glad they did not dwell on the negative too much.

The twins who acted as Holly are naturals.  They were very convincing.  

Sean Faris reminded me of a younger Tom Cruise, and I bet he gets that all the time.  

Eloise Mumford has that inner glow that conveys that her beauty is not skin deep.

Olive is so adorable.

The rest of the cast did fine.

I am glad I was given the chance to view this and I hope many others would be given the chance to see this too.

🎄
This may just be a simple piece, but thanks a lot for your time.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)