Love on the Vines (2017)


After inheriting half of her uncle's vineyard, a woman (Margo Harshman) must work with the co-owner (Steve Talley) for three weeks or risk losing the land.
DirectorBradford May

Writers:
Monica Mata-Ibarra...(story by)
R.B. Ripley...(story by) (as Robert Ripley)
R.B. Ripley...(teleplay by) (as Robert Ripley)
Joelle Sellner...(story by)
Joelle Sellner...(teleplay by)

LOVE ON THE VINES

This movie is somewhat like a smorgasbord that doesn't have a theme or a newly opened restaurant that has TOO MUCH to offer.  There are too many side stories.  Sometimes these things work, but many times stories like these fail.

I used to think that was the way to go until someone pointed out to me that sometimes less is more, unless I am trying to pitch future longtime running soap opera or telenovela.

The two central characters, Diana and Seth, played by MARGO HARSHMAN and STEVE TALLEY respectively, did not seem to have chemistry at first, but I'm glad I was proven wrong.

"Is it relatable? Would people from your country get it?"

An ignorant person once thought that we don't have vineyards in the Philippines, but we do.  Not only that, we also have wineries.  

Wine is something I could not have too much of, but once in a while I love to sip a third of a glass of a good vintage year red wine, or if that's not available, then a good house wine would do, as long as it's not corked. Once in a while, a corked wine would.

I remember one time someone was trying to explain the kind of wines to me, thinking perhaps it's something that he knows more than me.  Maybe he's right, because I'm no sommelier, but I do know a thing or two...maybe even more. I have been to many places in this world already, so I guess I can manage, but it's great to learn about these things.

Random Thoughts


🍇🍷🍇🍷🍇🍷🍇🍷🍇

Towards the end of the story one would realise that Uncle Hugh is the best Uncle and Foster Father one could ever wish for. 


🍇🍷🍇🍷🍇🍷🍇🍷🍇

JACK WAGNER is so effective here as Grant Gerritson that I totally forgot he has this WEDDING MARCH series where he plays a lovable person.

🍇🍷🍇🍷🍇🍷🍇🍷🍇

Amelia(BRITTANY UNDERWOOD) and Paul (PATRICK HARRIS)should have a story of their own, like a spinoff or something.


🍇🍷🍇🍷🍇🍷🍇🍷🍇

DE VAUGHN NIXON's role, Theo, should have been given more importance and exposure.

🍇🍷🍇🍷🍇🍷🍇🍷🍇

I like SAMANTHA FIGURA and she did fine, but the mother-daughter thing was not really needed in the script.

🍇🍷🍇🍷🍇🍷🍇🍷🍇

Oh my goodness.  I'm sounding like a critic, but I don't have the right for I have made the same mistake before when I was ghostwriting for someone...thankfully that person gave me another chance.  

Focus.

You are just observing.

There's that thin line, I know.

I know subplots are good, but these subplots could have been topics for other movies or something.

Anyways, why am I still babbling? Oh, it's because I don't know how to end this thing when my mind is kind of telling to catch some zzz's.  

Thanks for your time.  

CAST:

Margo Harshman-Diana
Brittany Underwood-Amelia
DeVaughn Nixon-Theo
Steve Talley-Seth
Jack Wagner-Grant
Patrick Harris-Paul
Samantha Figura-Suzy
Danielle Langlois-Adrianna 
David De Santos-Tom
Erinn Westbrook-Liz

and

Catherine Mary Stewart-Jill

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)