Love on a Limb(2016)/ The Christmas Angel a.k.a. Angel of Christmas (2015)

Always willing to fight for a just cause, Aimie Roarke chains herself to her town's beloved oak tree to stop the mayor from cutting it down. While attempting to outwait her, a handsome landscaper becomes close to her.
Writers:  Jessica Scott and Erik Patterson
Stars: Ashley Williams, Trevor Donovan, Marilu Henner, Ron Lea and Jefferson Brown
#environmentalist
#lovestory

This is an environmentalist's love story and finding solutions for it.

ASHLEY WILLIAMS and TREVOR DONOVAN are both beautiful people, but somehow, and maybe it's just me, I didn't see any chemistry, or very slight.  I liked Ashley better when she was in a ranch opposite John Corbett.  Here, her acting was forced.  Trevor was not only hot and sexy here.  He's definitely a natural.  Sorry Ashley.  Peace.

I like the love angle between Zee(MARILU HENNER) and the Sheriff(RON LEA).  

What about the mayor?  Well, he was just doing what he thought was right.  The acting of JEFFERSON BROWN?  He was OK. 

🌳

What did I like best about the story besides the environmentalist angle?

Coping with grief, and when Kyle fell in love with Ample Hills and someone in Ample Hills, he followed his heart.



Wow!  Just Wow!

When two people are meant to be together, they are meant to be together against all odds.  I for one am a firm believer of this. You might say that is why I am still single until now.  Maybe yes.  Maybe no.  Some say I am setting the bar too high, but I beg to differ.  Just recently I was willing even let go of my principles, but maybe you could say that like what happened with Susan(JENNIFER FINNIGAN, one of my faves, I must say.  When she left The Bold and The Beautiful, I stopped watching it, even if I was watching it before Bridgette/Bridget Forester was born.), a Christmas Angel stood in front of my car blocking the way.

The story is beautiful.  In real life my cousin and her loved one had a serendipitous encounter.  I'll spare you the details because it's not my story to tell.  Let's just say a piece of paper brought them together, and they have been together for the longest time now.

There are many stories similar to this one. Their ancestors don't end up together, but they do.  Sometimes the guy's mom and the woman's dad don't end up together, but they do.  The list goes on and on.  

#SpoilersAhead  (I'll try to lessen it)

In 1926, a year after Great Grandfather Owen met the actress Jessica Rose, he finished carving a Christmas Angel who had the most beautiful lavender eyes, according to his imagination.  He offered the angel to Jessica, but she said her career comes first.

At first I thought Jennifer Finnigan's Susan was actually Jessica Rose's great grand daughter, because she kind of resembled Jessica, but Brady(JONATHAN SCARFE) said something about a relative in that era that made me guess that the Christmas Angel Great Grandfather Owen carved was leading them to each other.  That even the blueprint of a cabin was a creative integration of sorts.

#SpoilersEndHere

This movie is about Christmas traditions, family, friendship, and faith.

It is also about writer's blocks, inspirations, and so much more.

The cast was well chosen.  Even if Jennifer Finnigan is happily married to Jonathan Silverman and together they have one daughter, Susan's moments with Brady seemed so real.  They looked like they were really in love and I believed it, at least while watching the movie.


Awwwwwww.

The movie is very heartwarming.  I think I'll watch this again during Christmas season this year because it would surely liven up anyone's Christmas, including mine.  ;-)

Director: Ron Oliver
Writer: Gary Goldstein

CAST:


Cast overview:
Jennifer Finnigan as Susan Nicholas
Jonathan Scarfe as Brady Howe
Holly Robinson Peete as Yvette Collins
Christie Laing as Hayley
Francis X. McCarthy as Grandpa James (as Francis Xavier McCarthy)
Wanda Cannon as Heather Nicholas
Barclay Hope as David Nicholas
Tahmoh Penikett as Derek Hamilton
Marc Bendavid as Owen Thomas
Chloe McClay as Jessica Rose
Candice-May Langlois as Maggie
Nelson Wong as THE BREWING STATION Barista







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)