A Change of Place (1994)/Hard to Forget (1998) Both made for TV movies

Set in the fashion houses of Paris, a successful model persuades her bookish twin sister to change places with her on the catwalk. Things become complicated in their elaborate lie when the academic sister falls in love with the debonair troubleshooter of the fashion house. She risks exposing her sister's secret if she continues her romance, or must give up her lover forever.
Initial release: 9 October 1994 (USA)
Director: Donna Deitch
Producer: Peter Bray
Screenplay: Jim Henshaw, Rosemary Anne Sisson
Music composed by: Carl Lenox, Brent Barkman

Both stories I am sharing with you today are two stories about twins.  Usually I save the best for last when I share about two or three movies in one blog entry, but this time, I am going to write about what I like better first.  I had to debate with myself if I should share what I thought of the second story.  I must say it took a while before I shared it.  I had to be in a state of grace first before doing so.  Anyways, these two movies are not candidates for any award giving body, so don't expect much.

Anyways, here goes my sharing...

A CHANGE OF PLACE 

In the 1980s, when RICK SPRINGFIELD and Bruce Springsteen were the cream of the crop, I preferred Rick Springfield over The Boss, so you could say that what got me interested in this movie is Rick Springfield.  

Rick Springfield as Philip did not disappoint, and ANDREA ROTH as the twins, Dominique a.k.a Kate and Kim, was very believable as a genius, but not so much as a top model in the fashion world.

At any rate, she's beautiful, and it's obvious how someone like Philip could be smitten...

There are many silly scenes, but I'm glad that Kim turned out to be brave.  She also proved that she has brains, plus lots of other talents, making Philip fall in love with her all the more.

It's not the best love story ever told, but it'll do.

By, the way, between the two, A Change of Place is more wholesome than HARD TO FORGET.

A private detective who becomes obsessed by a client's murdered daughter, finds the dead girl's twin sister on a game reserve in South Africa, and enlists her help to entrap the killer. Not only do they unravel the murder, but they fall in love as well. Written by Anonymous.

Director: Vic Sarin
Writers: Evelyn Crowe (novel), Gerald Wexler
I saw both the TV movie version and the explicit one.  Honestly, after accidentally watching the explicit one, I couldn't take Holy Communion.  I only learned about the sanitized version after.  The story is good, but sorry, I don't think TIM DUTTON fits the description of Max Warner.  He is not bad looking, but Max Warner is supposed to be someone a woman like Nicky(POLLY SHANNON) would be attracted to in an instant.  For someone to fall for Tim Dutton, you should learn more about him first before finding out he is interesting in that department.  When I accidentally watched the explicit version, I went on watching.  OK, I won't pretend that I didn't watch it, since I am already admitting about it anyway.  I watched it because it said TV Movie.  Who would show something like that on TV???? Who????  I learned about the sanitized version when a friend of mine was watching the REAL TV version.  Since my friend is so conservative, I told her that I saw that it's not something she wants to watch.  I went out, and read a book...a wholesome one(no, not the book version of the movie because I bet it's not good for my brain and soul).  After she watched the movie she said I was overreacting.  That they were just playing in the water and nothing was seen. She even forced me to check.  There, I saw the edited version.  I asked myself, "Why on earth didn't I see that instead?"  I appreciated the STORY more when I saw the sanitized version...and how many times do I even have to say SANITIZED?????  Besides, even if I took the narrow road, I am not THAT innocent, so... thank goodness God doesn't judge us according to our iniquities.

The story is not new.  I've seen a lot of stories like this one in the 1980s, even in The Philippines.  Yet, I must say they still made it pretty exciting, with the Safari, trekking,  and other wild adventures, and I'm not talking about the waterfall scenes.

Even if I don't think Tim Dutton is the perfect Max Warner, he did act well, even if he looked like he could play Johnny English, Esquire.  

Polly Shannon is a good actress and a beautiful woman.  She does NOT need to strip to be appreciated or noticed.  I am not judging her or anyone else.  I am just stating a fact.

Anyways, I have already said too much.


Thanks for your time.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)