Chasing Leprechauns (2011)

From Google images
Michael Garrett is sent to a small town in Ireland to close a deal on a construction site believed to be inhabited by leprechauns. Needing the approval of the town's pixie expert, Michael tries to win over Sarah Cavanaugh who refuses to disturb "the little people." Stars Adrian Pasdar, Amy Huberman, Kate Stanley Brennan, and Jack Reynor.-THE HALLMARK CHANNEL

From imdb

Director:

 

Writer:

 

ADRIAN PASDAR is better known to me as Declan Dunn of MYSTERIOUS WAYS, a series that only lasted less than two years, but was well-loved. The next time I saw him, he was Nathan Petrelli in HEROES.  I didn't even know that he was Chipper in TOP GUN, and I learned while researching for links that Director Tony Scott wrote the part just for him.

If I did see him before and in between, I really can't remember, but according to his filmography, he does have a lot of projects that I've seen before and after those things aforementioned.

#HallmarkMoviesAndMysteries

CHASING LEPRECHAUNS 

Michael Garrett is a skeptic.  He doesn't believe in leprechauns...the borrowers...the bringers of luck...the luck of the Irish.


His perspective and beliefs change little by little when strange things start to happen to him after he meets Sarah Cavanaugh.


  • A review by Bob Lipton: Adrian Pasdar plays the world's most inept corporate troubleshooter as he gets sent to Ireland in this Hallmark Channel mashup of THE QUIET MAN and LOCAL HERO. His corporation wants to build a copper smelter. The local leprechaun certifier says there are leprechauns on the site and they clash and fall in love along the way.

    There are, as I have indicated above, some issues with the way Pasdar's character is written early on, but director Kevin Connor handles the film lightly enough that by the time matters start to settle out it's all good, even the stock Oirish characters. Cinematographer Peter Robertson shoots the landscape in a handsome if nondescript fashion -- I can't tell if those woods are shot in Ireland or somewhere in Canada.
This is not the first leprechaun movie I saw, and mom read to me Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift when I was a little girl.  I don't know if you can call the Liliputians Leprechauns, and I honestly have forgotten if they were referred as such, but...

Anyways, I've seen THE BORROWERS(1997), THE LUCK OF THE IRISH(1948), LEAPIN' LEPRECHAUNS(1995) and some others.  I've also read some classics with Leprechauns and Goblins.  They are mighty associated with a pot of gold and good luck.  You wouldn't want to be on their bad side.

Instead of writing a review I'll just name my favourite(besides Michael, of course) characters:

Sheamus O'Connell as played by TERRY BYRNE.  He is Sarah's father's best friend.  When her father passed on, he became like a real dad to her.  He also stood as a father figure and friend to Michael.  He also helped him to see the light, so to speak.

Evelyn, the B&B innkeeper. She is played by MARION O'DWYER.  Her personality lights up the room.  She is very warm, just like a good quilt or comforter.  She's the kind of friend Michael needs.

Tommy Riley, the kid that lends Michael his motor bike.  He also has a secret crush on Molly(KATE STANLEY BRENNAN).  He is played by JACK REYNOR.

Last, but not the least, Sarah Cavanaugh as portrayed by AMY HUBERMAN.  I like Sarah because she is not timid.  She speaks her mind and is not afraid to tell the world about those beliefs.  Her convictions are strong and she doesn't falter.  She also knows how to make the best out of the moment, and of the short time Michael would be staying in BallyGlenn. 

The story may not be the most beautiful story ever told, but it's a great story of love, culture, respect, and so much more.

I hope you get to watch it, if you haven't, that is.

All the best!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)