Revisiting Greece through MY LIFE IN RUINS (2009)

THE MOVIE



Georgia is an American academic who's lost her teaching job in Athens. She's taken a job as a tour guide, but she hates it and it shows: the tourists, mostly American, are bored with history and facts; they want to shop. Every group has a goofy couple, a frat boy, a sullen teen, a feuding couple, divorcées looking for a mate, and a funny guy. This group is no exception, plus there's no air conditioning and a bearded silent driver. Thanks to an unlikely friendship, plus daisies, an ice-cream cone, the history of syrup, and the Oracle at Delphi, Georgia may have a shot at finding her kefi during this four-day tour.
 Written by <jhailey@hotmail.com>
This is not the first time I watched this movie.  It's perhaps the third or fourth time.  I first watched this in 2009, and I had a grand time.  It was like I was touring with the TEAM B, with Poupi as the driver and Georgia as my tour guide.

VirtualTourist.com was still existing when this was shown the first time so I was really into it.  I miss that place where I could share my travelogues and restaurant reviews with people who are really interested with what I think.  I have met great friends through that site, and some of them have become like family.  Thankfully, we're still in touch.

Whether just during the tour or a lifetime, each one you become close with would definitely leave a mark in your heart.  You may never even see them again, but the memories you share will always be treasured, or at the very least, be like bricks to build...well, you...into a better person.  Am I even making any sense?

🛂🛂🛂

Nia Vardalos and Alexis Georgoulis have GREAT onscreen chemistry. I love TEAM B! I mean, all them!

🚌🚍🚏🚌🚍🚏

Would I watch this again?

Definitely!

FROM IMDB

Directed by 

Donald Petrie

Written by

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)