Watching PANGARAP KO'Y IBIGIN KA again and again and again (2003)



This is one of my favourite movies of all time.  I think I've seen this movie about twelve times or more.  It was June 2003 the first time I've seen this, and each time I watch this is like the first time.

The casting is perfect and even if there are ads in the movie, they are done in good taste(present tense intentional).

It has some funny moments and there are lots of endearing scenes.  Based on the flashbacks, there were scenes of Raffy and Alex's togetherness or bonding that weren't shown during the first part of the movie, meaning their intimacy was not really in an instant like most viewers perceived it to be.  Well, even without those flashbacks, it wasn't really in an instant, but it was sort of like whirlwind kind of thing.

Chona and Boyet had some great intimate moments here...oops, I mean, Alex and Raffy.  They both kiss well and the audience could feel the intensity of their emotions.

Back at Alex's homestead, I loved listening to the inhibitions and doubts of Alex's parents regarding Raffy plus I love the fact that she did not have bad blood with her ex-boyfriend, Kevin, played by Dingdong Dantes.  He remained a good friend of the family, especially Alex's grandpa.

Alex's relationship with her family and friends is priceless.  Raffy's mother also plays a vital role in the story and so does Raffy's friend, played by William Martinez.


👀👀👀

The story is deep and shallow at the same time.  It probably could be categorized as Rom-Com or a Dramedy. I think it was marketed as a Rom-Com

Christopher and Regine have undeniable onscreen chemistry:  Wanted Perfect Mother(1996) and this one, Pangarap Ko'y Ibigin Ka(2003).  I am just not sure if there were others.  I think I have to check first.  Anyways, I hope they could still have projects in the future.


Directed by 
Louie Ignacio ... (as Louie Lagdameo Ignacio) 

Written by
Mel Mendoza-Del Rosario ... (screenplay) 

Cast:
Christopher De Leon ... Raffy
Regine Velasquez ... Alex Guzman
        Dingdong Dantes ... Kevin

Rest of cast listed alphabetically:
Marissa Delgado
Lara Fabregas
Rudy Francisco
Vanna Garcia
Rosemarie Gil
Gladys Guevarra
John Lapus
William Martinez
Noel Trinidad
           Shintaro Valdez

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)