My 2 Mommies (PG) 2018 -Graded A by the CEB

What would you do if you find out one day that you are a father to a child? Especially when you are a “mumshie”? Paolo Ballesteros showed in the movie “My 2 Mommies,” that you don't have to be a mother to be a mommy. In the movie, his character finds out that he had fathered a child with his ex-girlfriend Monique, played by Solenn Heussaff. So what’s the twist? It turns out that Ballesteros’ character is gay. Their son, Tristan, now has to deal living with two families: that of his father and his partner Ronnie, and of Monique along with her husband. (Source: Regal Films) -Sureseats.com







Just recently I watched Chris Martinez's WORKING BEKS starring John Lapus, Edgar Allan Guzman, Jeric Raval, Bela Padilla, Rez Cortez, Cai Cortez, Joey Paras, Atak, TJ Trinidad, Leo Martinez, Raquel Villavicencio, Prince Stefan, Ricci Chan, Leo Martinez, Marlon Rivera,  Madeleine Nicolas, Patricia Ismael, Jelson Bay, Tess Antonio, Arnold Reyes and Ana Abad Santos, but I couldn't write about it until now.  That movie is more than a movie about accepting homosexuals and discrimination...it's about different kinds of relationships including the heterosexual kind, love for family, great friends et cetera (For more details, just click the word THIS).

MY 2 MOMMIES

My 2 Mommies is a story about a very intelligent seven-year-old boy and the adults around him.  That intelligent boy is called Tristan played by Marcus Cabais.  More often than not parents who happen to be a member of the LGBTQ tribe/family/clan try to hide their true identities to their children mainly to protect their innocent minds because they might be confused, but Tristan's case is different.  He is a very intelligent young boy and wise too.  Right from the start the people from the cinema were telling Manu to have a heart-to-heart talk with the boy, but of course, if that happened during the first part of the film, then the movie wouldn't have much conflict ergo, the story would be so boring...so uninteresting.

The child, though intelligent, was still a child.  He had some tantrums, but...

Marcus Cabais is a good actor.  At first I wondered why he was chosen to be the child of someone who looks like Paolo Ballesteros and someone who looks like Solenn Heusaff.  True, he knew how to speak French or at the very least, he acted so convincingly that he spoke in French everyday of his life, but I told myself, maybe he looked like some other relative.  Later, around the middle of the movie, it didn't matter.  He was definitely Manu and Monique's offspring.

⼦⼦⼦

I liked how natural Joem and Paolo were.  They were very believable.

The colour-coordinated family of Manu's sister, played by Dianne Medina, made people chuckle, but Karen had some words of wisdom to share with her Kuya.

Solenn Heusaff is really perfect for her role.  Yes.  It was like it was tailor-made for her.  Well, was it?  ;-)

I won't mention everyone anymore, but how could I not mention Ms. Maricel Soriano? Well, I saw Maricel Soriano in her character, but maybe it's the other way around? ;-)  She played the conflicted auntie who couldn't decide if she was going to be conservative or accepting or both or whatever.

It's not for everyone.  It's definitely not for the group I wrote a position for more than a decade ago.   I was even a judge for an essay writing contest against...well, let's just say it's hard to judge them as well as we have no right to judge people from all walks of life, all kinds of creed and all kinds of gender classification.  I believe God looks at the heart.  I won't go into what's moral and what's not.  I don't think I have the right to do so.  For me, accepting is different from condoning...it is to look beyond the...there are people who belong to the LGBTQ who are even holier than most, so we cannot generalise everyone.

At any rate and in any case, the script was well-written and the movie was well-directed.

I like the fact that though Tristan's stepfather, Jason, was jealous of Manu, he was still very understanding.

Sigh.

It was definitely a TEAM EFFORT.  

I understand why the CEB gave it an A rating.

Kudos to everyone involved in this film.





Paolo Ballesteros, "nakabawi" sa My 2 Mommies


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Atonement (2008)