Hometown Hero (2016)

A cynical divorce mediator (Brooke Nevin) is forced to care for a client's dog. The mischievous hound warms her heart, and after spending time with the local vet (Jake Sandvig), she begins to find that maybe the true love she dared not believe in is actually closer than she thinks.-imdb

Still from imdb
Harrison, Daisy and Kelsey
Directed by 
David S. Cass Sr. .
Writing Credits  
Sam Kirsch ... (teleplay by) and
Alec Colantonio-Ray ... (teleplay by)

Kimberly Seilhamer ... (story by) (as Kimberly Ann Seilhamer)

A predictable story that makes you feel good inside, that's HOMETOWN HERO(HH).

Thankfully, HH has more to offer, but predictable just the same.

Nevertheless, HH capped my Sunday movie marathon... a marathon that I did not plan.  I was only intending to watch one movie, but I ended up watching two.  Wait.  I only watched two movies tonight and one this afternoon.  Does that count as a marathon?  Well, with some cooking in between, being in love with love for more than six(6) hours could be considered a marathon because there has been a lot of running involved.  The things that run inside my brain, most especially with this movie.  ;-)

"Like what?"

I'm definitely a dog person even if at present I am taking care of a cat named Tumbler.

What else?

Antonio Sabato Jr. was a matinee idol during my time(Jack at Melrose Place---I loved his smile and dimples), but he is not the central character here.  He plays a role similar to Patrick Dempsey's boss' role in Enchanted, the head of a Divorce Mediating firm).  He was able to deliver.  Thank goodness.

Brooke Nevin and Jake Sandvig have good onscreen chemistry.  Jake Sandvig is cute in the Geeky sense and Brooke Nevin is endearing.

Daisy captured my heart and Megyn Price touched my soul.

My favourite characters here, besides the main characters are Mitch(McKinley Freeman) and Michelle(Stephanie Charles).  They made me believe that they are a match made in heaven.

Sigh.

Predictable or not, I will add this to my list as something to be viewed again.

Why?

Simply because I feel good.

Brooke Nevin ... Kelsey
        Jake Sandvig ... Harrison
Heather Marie Marsden... Lucy Ballentine
Megyn Price ... Rhonda, Kelsey's mom
        Antonio Sabato Jr. ... Jason
Stephanie Charles ... Michelle
McKinley Freeman ... Mitch
Jason Sims-Prewitt ... Andre Thompson
Kelly Albanese ... Stacee Kitsford
Chris Dougherty ... Steve
Joshua Dov ... Thomas
Laura Niemi ... Gloria
Mercy Malick ... Dr. Paige
Rick Pasqualone ... Randy

Lauren Nash ... Jessica Reed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Atonement (2008)