A Crush On You (2011) TV Movie

also known as Mystery Girl
From imdb

When Ben Martin e-mails Chloe Andersen, a beautiful mystery girl who keeps crossing his path, he sends a message to single mother Charley Anderson by mistake.-Wikipedia
Whew.  I almost did not watch this because I thought it was a story about two teenagers.  There are days when you want to go back to your youthfulness and there are days when you want to grow up and there are days when you are somewhere in between.  Today, I wanted to grow up.  It's Mother's Day, among other celebrations, and I just did not want to be in High School today.  I can't explain it. I tried to search for other TV movies available, but when for one reason or another I couldn't press the whatchamacallit...Oh, something like an exit button or whatever.  It just kept on playing.  It's when I heard Sean Patrick Flanery's voice when I stopped pressing the button and just watched the darn movie.

Thankfully, I liked it.  It was sort of like You've Got Mail and all its relatives, but not.  

One thing I like about American TV movies or even those on the big screen is that a man loving a woman with a child seems to be a very natural thing there.  I love the fact that there are very few narrow minded people.  Here, it's accepted, but there are more people who are nearly close-minded or closed-minded for that matter.

Acting wise, they were quite naturals and the roles suited them to a T.  

I would definitely watch this again.

Sigh.

Maybe I'll wait a couple of days before publishing this in case I want to add something.

I better sleep now.  I'll vote for the Barangay elections tomorrow.

Written by Keith Merryman and David A. Newman
Directed by Allison Anders

Starring:

Brigid Brannagh as Charley Anderson
Sean Patrick Flanery as Ben Martin
Kim Rhodes as Val Brookston
Christine Scott Bennett as Chloe Andersen
Michael Clarke Duncan as Big Jim Nelson
Tug Coker as Colin Daniels
Diego Serrano as Ryan Burke
Sonalii Castillo as Abby
Connor Gibbs as Luke Anderson
Lex Woofer as Bowie



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

Atonement (2008)

Moments of Love (2006)