The Unmarried Wife (2016)

Source

Two years ago I was supposed to watch this with a friend, and I waited for her to set a schedule because she's the one who gave me the idea that this was a great movie to watch.  Days passed then it was not showing anywhere near anymore.  I told myself I would just wait for it to be available online or something.

Just recently ABS-CBN promoted this movie again, so I got interested.  

Honestly, I've read a review saying that it was "competent but conventional".  When I watched the movie all I could tell myself is that I like it. I do agree with some parts, but maybe, just maybe because I am a woman, I have a different view on things.  I respect the writer's opinion/s nevertheless.

❤❤❤

Sometimes we become the people we hate.  We judge people, but when the same thing happens to us, we either understand or forget that we were once at the other end of the rope.

I love Keiko Aquino's story and I like how it was presented by Vanessa R. Valdez. 

The ending wasn't really the ending.  It was kind of open-ended...no, it wasn't kind of open-ended.  It was open-ended.

The flashbacks weren't confusing and the flow of the story was smooth.

Some the characters seem outrageous and if I haven't met people like them in real life, I might think that they couldn't be real people...that they are just there for cinematic effect, but I can't say that.  They are real as real can be.
Well, I guess that's that.  That sums up my two cents worth.

From Wikipedia:

The Unmarried Wife
Directed by Maryo J. de los Reyes
Story by Keiko Aquino
Screenplay by Vanessa R. Valdez
Musical Scoring by Jesse Lucas


Angelica Panganiban as Anne Gonzaga-Victorio
Dingdong Dantes as Geoff Victorio
Paulo Avelino as Bryan
Maricar Reyes as Cristina
Denise Laurel as Louise
Dimples Romana as Carmela
Justin Cuyugan as Bobby
Martin Escudero as Geru
Pamu Pamorada as Laika
Lei Andre Navarro as Ino
Irma Adlawan as Veronica
Marina Benipayo as Lorraine
Loren Burgos as Lorena
Joan Falisoc as Camille
Jace Flores as Frank
Anne Feo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Atonement (2008)