Nora Roberts' MIDNIGHT BAYOU (Romantic Suspense/Paranormal) 2009

Evocative supernatural drama about a successful attorney who decides to relocate to a lavish New Orleans mansion to which he feels inexplicably drawn. Settling in, he soon begins to experience ghostly goings-on, and, with the help of an attractive young woman and her grandmother, sets about unravelling the plantation's history to discover the truth about his visions.--WWW
Initial release: 28 March 2009
Director: Ralph Hemecker
Theme music composer: Chris P. Bacon; Stuart Michael Thomas
Story by: Nora Roberts
Adapted from: Midnight Bayou

If there's one author that I have lots of Blu-Ray/DVDs of, it's Nora Roberts.  Most of the things I have written about those movies were blogged on Friendster and Multiply.  They are now lost in cyberspace because I wasn't able salvage the pieces I wrote about them.  No use crying over them so I'll just try to write about them one of these days.

MIDNIGHT BAYOU is not one of those I've viewed before.  I haven't even purchased the book, so I couldn't really compare. So in line with the mantra, "Keep moving forward!",  I will just focus on this movie.

The movie is a bit complex. 

Thankfully, even if this movie deals with reincarnation and the paranormal, it is not as scary as a horror movie.  It's more of sleuthing to solve a mystery and how two people are drawn to each other even after several lifetimes.

The premise is not exactly new, but I like how it was "told" and presented.

The characters have chemistry and they all work well with each other.

It's a movie made for television and I think it was a good move not to market this for the big screen because I don't think it would be blockbuster hit, but I really hope a lot of people who buy the DVD.


Cast:

Jerry O'Connell as Declan Fitzpatrick
Lauren Stamile as Lena Simone
Faye Dunaway as Odette Simone
Isabella Hofmann as Lilibeth Simone, Lena's mother
Alan Ritchson as Lucian Manet
Ashley LeConte Campbell as Josephine Manet
Alejandro Rose-Garcia as Julian Manet
Bianca Malinowski as Abigail Manet (as Bianca Malino)
Chris Lindsay as Remy
Ciera Payton as Effie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)