Everything to Gain (1996)

Barbara Taylor Bradford was one of my favourite novelists, but I gave away the books to charity for other people to enjoy.  

This is a poster for Everything to Gain. The poster art copyright is believed to belong to the distributor of the film, the publisher of the film or the graphic artist.

A police detective (Jack Scalia) helps a New York ad executive (Sean Young) go on after her husband (Charles Shaughnessy) and children are murdered.
Initial release: 13 October 1996
Director: Michael Miller
Based on: Everything to Gain novel by Barbara Taylor Bradford
Story by: Barbara Taylor Bradford
Music composed by: James Di Pasquale

Jack Scalia was a big crush of mine in the 1990s because he was very sexy and he was such a great onscreen kisser.  Oh my gosh, I am admitting something like this for everyone to read.  I can't help it.  That was really the case during the 1990s.

Sean Young is one of my favourite leading ladies in the 1980s to the 1990s.  Until now she's very active in the industry and she is like wine...

Her likeness was used in Blade Runner 2049 because she was in the original Blade Runner.

Charles Shaughnessy(CS) is such a beloved actor.  He played a very endearing man who loves his wife and kids.  Andrew was someone not easy to forget and CS made it easy for me to believe that.

Samantha Eggar, one of the hottest stars of her time, was a very ideal mother-in-law in this TV movie.

Joanna Miles played a 55-year-old woman who has a youngish face, but her hair was white.  She felt she doesn't recognize herself anymore when she looks in the mirror. She played it well. 

Anne Ramsay played the role of the best friend of Mallory quite well.

I won't make a roll call anymore.

I like the story, script, acting and direction, but I think it will take a long, long time for me to watch this again, if ever I would.  



CAST 

Sean Young as Mallory Ashton Jordan Keswick
Jack Scalia as Detective Michael DeMarco
Anne Ramsay as Sarah Kempner
Joanna Miles as Jessica Jordan
Samantha Eggar as Diana Keswick
Charles Shaughnessy as Andrew Keswick
Cedric Smith as Edward Jordan
Jason Cavalier as Alvin Charles
Vik Sahay as Roland Jellico
Don Jordan as Paulie Edwards




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)