16 Love (2012) Young Love/Parental Guidance

From the Worldwide Web:
Sidelined with an injury, a young tennis champ (Lindsey Shaw) finally has a chance to experience what life is like for a normal teenager.
Initial releaseJanuary 2012
Starring: Lindsey Shaw, Lindsey Black, Chandler Massey, Susie Abromeit, Keith Coulouris and Alexandra Paul, among others
Teenage love stories are sometimes beautiful and sometimes the opposite.  They are either too serious for their own good or too light or too juvenile.  So where do I place this story?

16 Love is about a sport I've loved since I was little besides running, basketball and bowling.  I can't even bowl now, which really puzzles me, because I used to be really good...not great, but there were times that I could do a turkey.  :-p Well, that was a very, very rare moment, but...

Anyways, I do not play tennis anymore. I play more of badminton, even if the sport doesn't love me.  I don't compete.  I just play badminton for exercising, that's all, but...

Oh, once in a while I run, but since I'm asthmatic, I seldom do.

Enough about me.  Let's talk about the movie.

It's cute, but it didn't give me the feeling of "I wanna be a teenager again" kind of thing.  There were no cheap thrills and Lindsey's father was sort of...well, he was too much!

One more thing...what's with teenagers holding the trash can? Is that supposed to be cool?


In FAIRNESS, Lindsey Shaw had every right to play the role of Ally

🎾🏓🎾🏓🎾
If there's anything I like about this film, maybe I could say I like that her friend...her REAL friend told her to her face about what she thought and her mother sort of woke her up her being dazed and confused.

Good for her.

As for us, we kept awake to see if there's something exciting that's going to happen, but not.  Well, maybe there was that sweetness of the prom, etc.

Aaaah, I did like something.

Even if the critic, Jeanette Catsoulis, probably hates the "ice cream" part, I like that part.

The quotable quotes, like Ally's father, were probably too much, but at least Ally learned something from her mom, etc.

It just felt like it's not a story about real people, although things like these happen in real life.

Anyways, like what I said, it's cute, but I probably wouldn't watch it again.


🎾🏓🎾🏓🎾

I share almost all her sentiments:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)