Till I Met You (2006)

This is a poster for Till I Met You. The poster art copyright is believed to belong to the distributor of the film, GMA Films VIVA Films, the publisher of the film or the graphic artist.

Directed by Mark A. Reyes
Story by Annette Gozon-Abrogar
Screenplay by Benedict Mique 

Till I Met You(TIMY) is a movie I have seen for a total of eight times since it was shown in 2006.  I remember it well.  I watched it first on October 15.  It was one of the movies I watched with my movie buddy, RJ, who is now in heaven.  It was a Sunday then and we watched it at Festival Supermall.  

It's a movie that gave me a light feeling.  It sort of reminded me of the Sheryl Cruz and Cesar Montano starrer called GANITO BA ANG UMIBIG?(1990), but the story is totally different.   Why did it remind me of it?  Well, I can't totally figure it out, but I guess I know why. ;-)


TIMY is very amusing and endearing.  It also had so many exciting scenes.  The ending seemed open-ended, and if I it remember correctly, some started to leave before Joonee Gamboa's narration.  Thankfully, we stayed on.
🎥🎥🎥

Marky Cielo looked so healthy here, but two years later he passed on. Some say it was foul play, but it was never proven.  He was such a talented young man that made the people of Mountain Province so proud.

🎥🎥🎥

Jackie Rice looks so sweet and innocent here, but even then her acting skills were evident.

🎥🎥🎥

Eddie Garcia was so lovable here and he was so full of love.  He is a great actor and director, among other things, and I respect him a lot.  He is so versatile.

🎥🎥🎥

Luz Fernandez, Mike "Pekto" Nacua, Patricia Ysabel and Joonee Gamboa were all wonderful here.  They added spice to the story.

Kuh Ledesma's cameo gave me sheer joy.

🎥🎥🎥

One of my favourite parts, although I have a selective fear of heights, is the cliff scene. Which one?  The one where Gabriel tried to save Luisa, but she ended up saving him instead.

Another is the part where Gabriel talks to Luisa/Isay about the old one Peso coin. The same coin that made him realise something...that made his soul...his heart...his mind so conflicted.

Still another is the part where Luisa was about to take the first bus...another scene that wrenched my heart.

Sigh.

What else?

The soundtrack is great too!

Would I watch it again?

Of course.

Robin and Regine have great onscreen chemistry, everyone worked well together, the story and direction are laudable and so much more.

Need I say more?

:-)














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)