Pangako Ikaw Lang (2001)

source:imdb






#DivineIntervention

This is a movie I watched a total of three times, and I would probably watch it again.

Why?  There are many reasons.  One of them is because I am my daddy's girl.  Since he is not in the best of health,  and I know I am just counting the days when the inevitable would happen,  the scenes between Robert Arrevalo and Regine Velasquez became more endearing and heartbreaking, thankfully, not at the same time.  

I shed a lot of tears...  Thankfully, there were lots of light moments. My dad and I sing together too, and we had some beautiful moments together like father-daughter movie dates, trips et cetera so...



🎥🎥🎥
My thoughts are jumbled, so please forgive me if the scenes are mixed-up or something.


🎥🎥🎥
I remember saying out loud in the theatre where I watched this first that they should have made the wedding Anniversary a Pearl Anniversary instead of Silver, but someone from behind said that Aga's role, Vince, might have been born out of wedlock or he was below twenty-five, even if his role was like a boss or something(buti di kami pinalabas ng mga ushers).  

I think they made Aga and Regine a bit younger here...something like Bobby Andrews' age during that time.  He was barely twenty-five back then, so...

After the movie I reminded myself that at thirteen(13) I played the role of a grandma, so I should remember that the roles the actors play could also be older or younger, whatever the case may be.


🎥🎥🎥

The places in the movie were so familiar so I felt like I was really there when it all happened.

🎥🎥🎥

There were many beautiful scenes between Vince and Cristina/Christine/Tinay, and my favourite was when they were wrapped in a blanket together.

🎥🎥🎥
It's not a perfect movie, but it leaves lots of beautiful imprints in one's heart.

🎥🎥🎥
The cast:


Aga Muhlach ... Vince, main protagonist
Regine Velasquez ... Cristina
Bobby Andrews ... Bert
Robert Arevalo ... Papa
Sherilyn Reyes ... Annie
Bojo Molina ... Victor
Charlie Davao ... Mr. Pascual
Evangeline Pascual ... Mrs. Pascual
Ricci Ocampo ... Krystal/Krystel
Lui Manansala ... Krystal's Mother (as Louie Manansala)
Dencio Padilla Jr. ... Jun
Marie Barbacui ... Daphne (as Mari Barvicui)
Rufa Mae Quinto ... Peachy (incidentally, it's her real pet name/nickname)
Jaya ... (lead vocals, live band) She's a great singer...simply one of the best...but I just thought it was in bad taste to sing at a wedding anniversary BAKIT NGAYON KA LANG? unless it means something to the couple like theme song or whatever.  
Trinity M. Stiles ... Dita 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)